Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 11.6 user.microapp.ToExtVXML array change

AliyevRas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I am trying configure CCB. Faced with the need of configuration change of the working ucce. Need to change user.microapp.ToExtVXML array from 4 to 5. 

I am doing it  by sql query. It is normal change but the problem is the calls not work. VVB says something about system problem. After change user.microapp.ToExtVXML from 4 to array 5 where also I need to reconfigure system?

Help me please

4 Replies 4

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
You can’t just add another row like that, Cisco wants you to add delimiters and then parse the data in your ICM script. Are you trying to do this via SQL?

Apologies for the confusion, I was referring to changing the size/length of the arrays, not the number of arrays itself.

------------

Don't change it via SQL, that isn't supported, use the standard Cisco tool Configuration Manager (if UCCE) to change it.

Also, you will need to restart the server for it to take effect as outlined in the documentation.

First of all - make sure you have enough ECC space. Once that is validated the only way to change the array length is by shutting down the whole ICM instance (Router, Logger, Distributors) and make the change using SQL update command (you can't do this using Config Manager). That means if this is a production system - you do need a maintenance window.

1. Take the backup of the Config data using icmdba utility (exporting the system config)
  2. On both sides A & B, Stop Logger, Router & Distributor
  3. On Logger Side A, execute "update" TSQL statement ( UPDATE t_Expanded_Call_Variable SET MaximumArraySize = X where ExpandedCallVariableID = XXXX)
  4. you can execute the same command on Logger B as well. (Or sync Logger B config from Logger A using icmdba)
  5. Start Logger A, Router A, Router B & Logger B - verify everything came up just fine
  6. On the Distributors, initialize the local database to get the latest database copy
    Do this operation very carefully step by step. If you are not comfortable, talk to your support partner or TAC engineer and run it by him.

Hi Piyush,

Something to keep in mind, BU states "Direct sql update in ICM is not supported".

Regards,
Kevin Sheppard