cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 12.6 : How to recover a deleted call type?

Hi there

We have deleted a call type and it is currently still in the table with Deleted='Y'. 

Someone needs to run a CUIC report using this call type, but it cannot be used in CUIC anymore.

What I tried:

- Fully deleting a CT (no record in the database anymore) and importing with the same CallTypeID -> fails because unique key cannot be imported.

- Utilising the Bulk Edit function to set the Deleted field to 'N' fails, because updates can only be done on selected records and there is no way to include the deleted records to the selection.

- Using the [Delete] button on Bulk Edit does not work, because (as above) I cannot retrieve/select deleted records in the Bulk Edit window. 

Q: How is it possible to get this call type back?

I have greate hope as otherwise: what would be the use of the Deleted field in the database?

System is UCCE 12.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So I just did a check on an 11.6 system and if an item is deleted but not destroyed permanently, it still shows as an option when you run the report.

If you're saying that isn't the case for you, what I would do is make sure that your CUIC Values criteria/query isn't looking for Deleted = 'N' in order to retrieve the value.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

After an object is deleted - it doesn't get deleted permanently like you noticed already. Those deleted objects remain there in their respective tables with deleted flag set to "Y".

To delete them permanently, you need to go to Configuration Manager and click on the "Deleted Objects" and then delete it from there. (screenshot attached)

Once that is done, then you can re-add those call types with the original names.

deleted_objects.PNG

Thank you Piyush

The pity with this solution is that it generates new call type IDs. Older reporting data will contain old call type IDs, that have no valid call type name associated anymore. So the reporting on the newly created call type does not disply the old data.

Therefor I am looking to NOT recreate, but recover the call type and keep the original ID.

So I just did a check on an 11.6 system and if an item is deleted but not destroyed permanently, it still shows as an option when you run the report.

If you're saying that isn't the case for you, what I would do is make sure that your CUIC Values criteria/query isn't looking for Deleted = 'N' in order to retrieve the value.

Bill

this pushed me in the right direction. We had a layer of database and views in between, which confused me a bit. At the end I found that the reports in question used a different value list assigned to the CallTypeID field (in the report definition, the 'fields' tab). This value list excluded the deleted CTs.

Thank you very much!

Thank you for sharing what the problem/fix was, glad it helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: