cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 7.2 - Using Unlimited Wrap-up Time

David Wolgast
Level 1
Level 1

When we used ICM 6.0, our desk settings had optional After Call Work, with a wrap up time that was either blank or set to 0, which, we were told signified no automatic ACW timer.

I note now that any time I try to edit one of those desk settings that was migrated from 6.0 to 7.2.7, it gives me an error saying that 0 is not in the range of acceptable values (1 to 7200).  How do I now set an unlimited ACW timer?

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Are you sure you are not confusing this with the "Logout non-activity timer"? That can be blank so that the agent will never be automatically logged out.

It seems reasonable to me that the after work timer would be limited. Can you describe the scenario wherein an agent is placed into "work ready" for an infinite period? Is this reasonable?

Regards,

Geoff

Yes, it does seem reasonable, doesn't it.  And yet my customer originally asked to have it be unlimited to mirror the Avaya system they migrated away from. I didn't say it made sense...it's just what they want.

Do I just set it at 7200 and tell them that after two hours the wrap-up period will expire?  That's what I am leaning toward at this point.

I didn't say it made sense...it's just what they want.

Smile.

Do I just set it at 7200 and tell them that after two hours the wrap-up period will expire?  That's what I am leaning toward at this point.

That's what I would do too. When it does expire, what state do you think they want the agent in - not ready, or ready?

Regards,

Geoff

I would guess it should be Not Ready, if that is possible, based on the fact that if they're in ACW for that long (especially without the supervisor finding out why), they have either died in their chairs, or something similarly odd has happened, and we wouldn't want a RNA, or worse, an open auto-answer line.

When the wrap timer expires, they will be in placed in whatever state they were in previously. If they were in Not Ready placing an outbound call, they would go back into Not Ready. If they were in Ready accepting inbound calls, they would be placed back into Ready.

Are they aware that the 2 hours of after call work will be included in the handle time metrics? It seems like the better option would be to configure some reasonable amount of time for ACW and then allow the agent to place themselves in Not Ready during that time. Unless of course that 2 hours is actually associated with the inbound call...

It seems like the better option would be to configure some reasonable amount of time for ACW and then allow the agent to place themselves in Not Ready during that time.

no doubt.

Regards,

Geoff