Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 9.0 to PCCE 11.6 EDMT Data Migration

Hi All,

I am planning to migrate UCCE 9.0 Logger & HDS database to PCCE 11.6.1. ( DB Version is 175.2.2.0)

I tried below steps but not succeed.

UCCE 9.0 setup ( same network) Installed Win 2008  and added into domain then Installed SQL 2008 as staging server.

Run EDMT 10.0.exe and migrated Side A logger and HDS-A DB successfully. (DB Version 181.3.3.0)

New setup running in isolated network. Copied EDMT 10.0  migrated data and log files to Windows 2012 with SQL 2014 as staging server.

From PCCE new setup Rogger machine while  trying to run EDMT 11.0 exe  source database refresh data list showing as blank.

Please let me know EDMT migration steps from UCCE 9.0 to PCCE 11.6.

Or can I export UCCE logger configuration data ( using icmdba utility) and import to PCCE 11.6 logger ?

Regards,
Ram.S
9 Replies 9

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

you need to run EDMT 10.5 first before running EDMT 11.0 - two steps database migration.

there was no need to run "EDMT 10.0" - but you already ran that. Next you should run EDMT 10.5 and then EDMT 11.0.

I installed Windows 2008 with SQL 2008 as staging server then run EDMT 10.5 successfully post migration db version is 175.2.2.0

Option 1 : Then while trying to run EDMT 11.0 on PCCE 11.6.1 Rogger server I am getting insufficient disk space error. Even I tried destination Data and log path to E drive but no luck.

Option 2:  taken side A database .bak file ( 285 MB ) from staging server and tried to restored on PCCE 11.6 server I am getting insufficient disk space error.

PCCE will have two drive : C : 80 GB and E: 150 GB. I can’t increase c drive size because of PCCE validation. Please let me know how to migrate.

Regards,
Ram.S

I will recommend you starting again. Run the EDMT 10.5 first then run EDMT 11.0. Which of your databases is giving you the error and what is the disk size you have for the DB giving you the insufficient dial space?

I will recommend you starting again. Run the EDMT 10.5 first then run EDMT 11.0. Which of your databases is giving you the error and what is the disk size you have for the DB giving you the insufficient dial space?

I tried same procedure but no luck.

Even I cannot restore UCCE logger database to PCCE setup. Please let me know UCCE database can support to PCCE.

Regards,
Ram.S

When going from 9.0 to 10.0 and 10.0 to 10.5, are can you try using Windows server 2008/SQL 2008. Then when going to 11.0, use Windows Server 2012/SQL 2014.

Yes I followed the same but no luck. We were able to migrate UCCE 9.0 to 10.5 then 11.0 and PCCE 9.0 to 10.5 then 11.0.

But not able to migrate / restore  UCCE data to PCCE. Please let me know UCCE database structure will support PCCE.

Finally I did using two staging system UCCE 9.0 and PCCE 11.0 with more capacity HDD and succeed.

But after restore PCCE 11.0 side_A .bak file to PCCE 11.6.1  production system . Deployment layout has been changed to UCCE. And not able to modify/Add  any configuration its giving on error Internal server error.

Regards,
Ram.S

I have a similar scenario however migration required from  UCCE 9.0 to PCCE 12.x  not 11.x

one other variation is customer is moving UCCE from domain 'x' to another domain 'y' 

Is it doable using EDMT  with two stages ? 

Stage 1 ( 9 to 10.5) same domain –running  EDMT 10.5

• Staging server with temporary hostname and IP address
  • Installed Win 2008  and added into domain then Installed SQL 2008 as staging server.

Stage 2  --- run EDMT 11 on PCCE rogger