Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Agent Greeting Troubleshooting

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Implemented the Agent Greeting in UCCE environment. Upon testing everything looks normal except the greeting audio (not hearing to the customer or agent).

Micro App script for play greeting is invoked up on answering the call. CVP IIS access log showing specific audio is requested 

GET /en-us/app/ag_gr/5023_E.wav - 80 - 10.107.4.21 Cisco-IOS-C2900/15.5 - 200 0 0 31

CVP log stating Conference initiated and ended after playing the audio. But it is not hearing to both agent and customer.

Non production environment we have below architecture. I tried the audio in both alaw(current setup) and ulaw format.

GW to CUCM ports are already opened as per nw team.

GW/VXML (Co located)>>CVP>>ICM.

Regards,

Ashiq

24 Replies 24

Have you made sure that the phones that are being used to support Agent greeting per the compatibility matrix? And that the capabilities needed for it are enabled on that UCM device/profile per the CVP config guide?

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Built-In-Bridge is enabled on phone config, right? Are you testing it on hardware Cisco Phone or CIPC\Jabber? if on softphone, what about PC's firewall? Is it on\off? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Yes, We have CIPC setup with Built In Bridge enabled. PC firewall is Off and we couldn't find any traffic blockage when monitoring.

Great, then I guess it worth to install the Wireshark or another network sniffer\analyzer on Agent's PC (where your CIPC is installed) to discover if the RTP packets with this agent greeting ever come from your VXML Gateway to the CIPC and from the phone back to caller. 

Does it work for any phones? Does it work for phones in the office but not remote for instance? And what version of CIPC are you using? That will be a tough one to get support on since it is end of support from Cisco, even though it is/was a great product.

Check/try the CIPC communicator preferences as well, as some of them like the low bandwidth setting can have an impact on things.

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

We tested this in CIPC version but in the lab we were successful with both Physical and Soft Phone.  We tried conferencing an audio using CTI RP/ Route Pattern and we could hear the audio. Is there any difference between Agent Greeting flow and Conferencing Flow ? 

Agent Greeting uses Built-in-Bridge (BIB) of the phone for making a conference between the Agent, the client and the VXML_GW\VVB, while a usual conference can be established via a Conference Bridge of the CUCM (Media Resource). That's the difference. 

You said that you tested Agent Greeting on the physical phone too. Did it work on physical phone? 

In the current setup we didn't tested with physical phone but in the lab we were successful.

Regards,

Ashiq Mattil

Ok, did you try network analyzer (Wireshark) on the Agent PC with CIPC as I mentioned earlier? The network analyzer will show you if you receive any RTP packets at all from the VXML_GW and therefore you can see where your RTPs stuck.

Sure. We are trying to get the Packet capture from Agent PC in order to proceed further. Also we tested the physical phone now and still the same.

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

We tried to add a label (for an extension) instead of PlayAgentGreeting Micro App Script and we were able to connect the call and hear the audio.

So the Issue will be between VXML and Agent PC firewall. We will check with Firewall team again for this.

When you say you could hear audio, you don't mean the agent greeting, right?
One thing I just noticed is that your agent greeting audio file looks a little strange (at least to me), where it has 5023_E.wav. Usually I've seen this as file 5023_1 or _3.wav due to the agent's recording multiple versions and those being numbered. Not saying this is the issue, but did you try this with the regular script for agent greeting, before your customization?

@bill.king1 

I guess that ending _1.wav, _3.wav or even _E.wav depends on the value of the variable Call.AgentGreetingType. Most likely in their script they set this variable to "E" and that's why they have it as 5023_E.wav.  

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

Accidently we tested the Agent Greeting setup by disabling the BIB in Agent Phone and it was working fine :). I don't know how this working as documentation clearly says BIB is required. we require the BIB function for Recording purpose also so how can we make this work with BIB turned On ?

Thanks,

Ashiq

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: