Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Agent login reports

thanvi200115673
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Is there a way to tell whether an agent was logged into Side A vs. Side B in UCCE 11.x?  Does the PIM represent the side?  I'd like to see how much time we had active time on side B;  Any historical reports  / SQL queries  (not debug logs -ctios/ pims etc.) to assist the Operation teams.

Thanks,
Thanveer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

An Agent logs into the Side A or the Side B Finesse Server - both are active.

Both Finesse servers connect to the active CTI Server (which could active on the A or the B side ).

The CTI Server connects to the PG Services (and via the PG to the active PIM which is active only A or B side (which side it is active on is not necessary the same as the side as the active CTI server!).

So so the Active Side of the PIM, CTI server is not relevant for the agents and there is no point in reporting on it.

If you want to know how many agents are connected to Finesse A versus Finesse B - you can use the following API.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#connectedusersinfo

The only time this should be relevant is if you want to reboot / shutdown a Finesse server for an upgrade etc.

Gerry

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

An Agent logs into the Side A or the Side B Finesse Server - both are active.

Both Finesse servers connect to the active CTI Server (which could active on the A or the B side ).

The CTI Server connects to the PG Services (and via the PG to the active PIM which is active only A or B side (which side it is active on is not necessary the same as the side as the active CTI server!).

So so the Active Side of the PIM, CTI server is not relevant for the agents and there is no point in reporting on it.

If you want to know how many agents are connected to Finesse A versus Finesse B - you can use the following API.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#connectedusersinfo

The only time this should be relevant is if you want to reboot / shutdown a Finesse server for an upgrade etc.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry, much appreciated for detailed explanation....

Finesse API docs is useful...

Hi @Gerry O'Rourke , I don't think that will work in @thanvi200115673 's case though, from what I've found in the documentation that ConnectedUsers API is available in version12.6, not version 11.x like was mentioned?

You make very valid points re: not really needing this information but just FYI in case anyone else tried to run it, as we happened to be in that type of maintenance mode like you mentioned and I wanted to try it out.

Bill,

Yes - sorry - this is correct. I had missed that they were doing this on UCCE 11.X and that Finesse "ConnectedUser" API is not available until 12.6

Gerry

Noted, our environment will be upgraded to 12.6 soon, so no issue , thanks again.