Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Rising star

UCCE And CAD Bandwidth and delay

Hello,

I am preparin a design forone of our customers who is intested to have a DR side and the agents in a remote site , what i need is :

1- What is the minimum bandwidth and dealy required for the private connection between the two sites.

2- what is the mimum bandwidth and dealy required for the remote agents to work proporely in the remote site.

Amer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Engager

It's all in the SRND, I would read through it to confirm you don't miss anything:

Unified CCE Central Controllers (Routers and Loggers) require a separate network path or link to

carry the private communications between the two redundant sites. In a non-distributed Unified CCE

model, the private traffic usually traverses an Ethernet crossover cable or LAN connected directly

between the side A and side B Unified CCE Central Controller components. In the distributed

Unified CCE model, the private communications between the A and B Unified CCE components

travel across a dedicated link with at least as much bandwidth as a T1 line.

Latency across the private separate link must not exceed 100 ms one way (200 ms round-trip), but

50 ms (100 ms round-trip) is preferred.

Remote agent broadband bandwidth requires a minimum of 256 kbps upload speed and 1.4 Mbps

download speed for ADSL, and 1 Mbps download for Cable. Before actual deployment, make sure

that the bandwidth is correct. If you are deploying Cable, then take into account peak usage times.

If link speeds fall below the specified bandwidth, the home agent can encounter voice quality

problems such as clipping.

Remote agent round-trip delay to the Unified CCE campus is not to exceed 180 ms for ADSL or 60

ms for Cable. Longer delay times can result in voice jitter, conference bridge problems, and delayed

agent desktop screen pops.

david

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Engager

It's all in the SRND, I would read through it to confirm you don't miss anything:

Unified CCE Central Controllers (Routers and Loggers) require a separate network path or link to

carry the private communications between the two redundant sites. In a non-distributed Unified CCE

model, the private traffic usually traverses an Ethernet crossover cable or LAN connected directly

between the side A and side B Unified CCE Central Controller components. In the distributed

Unified CCE model, the private communications between the A and B Unified CCE components

travel across a dedicated link with at least as much bandwidth as a T1 line.

Latency across the private separate link must not exceed 100 ms one way (200 ms round-trip), but

50 ms (100 ms round-trip) is preferred.

Remote agent broadband bandwidth requires a minimum of 256 kbps upload speed and 1.4 Mbps

download speed for ADSL, and 1 Mbps download for Cable. Before actual deployment, make sure

that the bandwidth is correct. If you are deploying Cable, then take into account peak usage times.

If link speeds fall below the specified bandwidth, the home agent can encounter voice quality

problems such as clipping.

Remote agent round-trip delay to the Unified CCE campus is not to exceed 180 ms for ADSL or 60

ms for Cable. Longer delay times can result in voice jitter, conference bridge problems, and delayed

agent desktop screen pops.

david

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello David,

Thanks for the answers , i do have a small thing i would like to discuss.

About the private interface it is fine , i am worried about the agents in the remote site , i have almost 70 agents in the shift , is there some kind of calculation to based the needed connection on the number of agents like every agent needs X mb or something ?

Amer

Highlighted

I've not seen anything about a remote office and their bandwidth requirements.  Most of what I've seen centers around remote agents (as being at home).  I'm sure there's something in the SRND about it.  My experience with remote agents are if the voice doesn't have any problems, then the data should be fine as well.  CTIOS or CAD aren't that intense when it comes to bandwidth, it's the web browsing, email, etc that eats up your pipe.

david

Highlighted

Thanks david.