cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE/CVP Audio Loop

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having an issue where if I pass a variable from ICM (Test\1000.wav) as pv3 to CVP, then on CVP, I play the variable passed, the audio loops 3 times before moving on

So in a scenario where I have the audio playing directly as  from the Audio URI as Test\1000.wav in CVP, audio location, it plays fine but if I have the Audio URI as {Data.Session.pv3}  which is the variable passed from ICM that's when it loops 3 times.

If I look at the activity log on CVP, the audio file seem file and the audio step seem to be playing once from a log perspective but listening to any audio I play as a variable it seems to be playing 3 times.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To eliminate the prompts as the issue, I would change your script to send the call to something you know for sure works, doesn't use ToExtVXML, etc. so that you know for certain your values aren't being used in the subsequent application.

Another thing I'd check is, if you're using ASR/TTS, if you're running into this

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Audio:_Same_Prompt_Repeats_Multiple_Times

View solution in original post

Bill,

wanted to give you an update on this. Essentially, i was able to resolve the issue by keeping it simple and easy. Deleted all the error handling i was doing and deleted any variable that i am not using. The strange thing is If i try to set any variables that i am not using, on just a single Audio element, it doesnt work but if i use a Menu or Digit element, the same configuration works. On the Audio Element, i see it coming up with error code 17 which is no of a no input type answer.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Can you paste a screenshot of your UCCE script as well as the VXML application and log files? This happens with any audio files, right, not just the one you're testing?

Hello Bill,

This happens only if I am playing any audio file as a variable. So for example in my case, I am setting the audio file to call variable 3 and then passing it on to CVP. Once I get to CVP, I set the variable once the call starts and when I get to my Menu or Audio element, I use the variable as my audio URI.

If I were to use the same audio file set in ICM and use that directly as my audio URI in CVP, it plays just fine but when passing it as a variable is when I experience the issue.

I don't have access to the ICM Script at the moment but all I am doing in that case is that I am setting call variable 3 to audio file CS\103101.wav then I create send my ToVXML using 

concatenate("application=ZZPromptNoBarge;callid=",Call.RouterCallDay,".",Call.RouterCallKey,”;pv3=“,Call.PeripheralVariable3), then sending the it to Send to VRU and then Run External Script.

Also, find attached the Router Log for the activity log posted above..

I would post your Call Studio script, but if it were me, the first thing I'd do is make sure you get it looking clean as far as the logs. You have a number of substition errors in there (missing data), and the first thing I'd do is make sure those get resolved, especially the CVP Subdialog Return ones.

Also, what's the next item that happens in your UCCE script. IS it possible that what you think you'd be returning to UCCE is to be used in the next node, and since you don't have that, it is calling the original application and settings again?

Here is my CVP Script.

The reason why I have those once with the missing data is because those variables do not contain anything. In this particular case, my sub dialog return doesn't truly need to return anything on this particular script because all its supposed to do is play the audio file and return back to CVP. In my sub dialog return I have the CVP Error this way if somehow I have some unexpected error, I can accommodate for the error on the ICM Script.

In the next CVP Script it would be that would be using, its also using call variable 3 but for a different prompt set on ICM. Keep in mind that reason why I am mostly doing it this way is because the customer is migrating from IPIVR to CVP and that's how this was all done hence I didn't want to have to change all the routing logic.

To eliminate the prompts as the issue, I would change your script to send the call to something you know for sure works, doesn't use ToExtVXML, etc. so that you know for certain your values aren't being used in the subsequent application.

Another thing I'd check is, if you're using ASR/TTS, if you're running into this

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Audio:_Same_Prompt_Repeats_Multiple_Times

Bill,

wanted to give you an update on this. Essentially, i was able to resolve the issue by keeping it simple and easy. Deleted all the error handling i was doing and deleted any variable that i am not using. The strange thing is If i try to set any variables that i am not using, on just a single Audio element, it doesnt work but if i use a Menu or Digit element, the same configuration works. On the Audio Element, i see it coming up with error code 17 which is no of a no input type answer.

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Can you post a screenshot of the two different items (Audio and Menu) that you mentioned. This almost sounds like a bug of some sort, not sure how you could get a noinput on an audio element.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: