Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE/CVP Backup Recommendations

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

One quick question about the Backup of UCCE/CVP servers running Windows Server  2012 SO. How Cisco usually recommends back up windows servers of UCCE/CVP?

Is there any recommendation? I didn’t find anything on UCCE guides.

Can I install a backup client at UCCE/CVP servers?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's always been SQL DB backup and registry backup pretty much.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's always been SQL DB backup and registry backup pretty much.

Hi

Can we take the UCCE servers backup using VMware snapshot.. is it supported??

Thanks,

Jackskid

VMware snapshot is supported during upgrade or patching in maintenance mode. 

Some of the UC applications supported VMware consolidated back up with third parties.. more details you can find below URL. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-software-requirements.html 

Thanks Shalid.. highly appreciated... :)

Snapshot is not supported on most UC nor UCCE applications under any circumstance. Here is a matrix for UC apps where you can see only Paging server, PCP, UPM apps are supported but not any of the Cisco core UC apps. For UCCE/CVP none of the apps support snapshot.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-software-requirements.html#vmware_features

Hi Chris, 

I haven't done the snapshot with my ucce application but the above link it says below:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (Cisco Unified CCE) and CVP only support VMware Snapshots for patching and upgrades during maintenance. The snapshots must be merged before the Cisco Unified CCE and CVP systems transition to production.

I just want to clarify myself whether my interpretation is right or not ! Highly appreciated your inputs.. 

Thanks Chris for the clarification... :)