cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE/CVP environment - all agents set to auto-answer but still getting RNA 32767 Not ready code

makers1977
Level 1
Level 1

UCCE/CVP environment - all agents set to auto-answer but still getting RNA 32767 Not ready code

Already been through the guides to ensure CVP, desk setting, UCM is set correctly but all this shouldn't matter because my agents are auto-answer.  So how am I still seeing not ready reason for a RONA in reporting??

9 Replies 9

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

How are you configuring the auto-answer? From the CUCM or using the Agent Desk Settings?

If you're using the Agent Desk Settings, which is fine, is there a chance that some agents aren't assigned to it? I would try to check one by one and see if they're assigned. At least this is the only reason that I can think of it at the moment.

If all agents are assigned, I would try to locate one call that made an agent went into 32767 reason code, and try to investigate using TCD and RCD tables what happened during this call (also using the CVP logs).

By the way, are all of the agents using the same device type? I just had plenty of issues with auto-answer with some sorts of devices, like on 6921 and etc. That auto-answer didn't work well in some scenarios. So if you can locate some calls like that, you can locate through the TCD tables which agent got the call, and you can go and ask this agent if everything is working properly on his station, and if the auto-answer is working usually or not.

Thank you for your reply.  Auto answer is set in the agent desk settings, not in UCM.   It is not recommended you have both set obviously as this causes serious issues and especially for outbound dialers also.

Right no all my agents are 7965 or 8861.  All are set correctly and exactly the same.

Hi,

After set all the agents to auto answer in UCM why you worried about RONA configuration settings.

Just disable –Enable RNA Timeout for outbound calls – timeout seconds on CVP dialer number pattern for agent Extension range DN’s.
Then save & deploy on all the CVP’s.

also check the below link.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun38437/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks,
Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

If all agents are set to auto answer in UCM (preferred), you should have (a) no auto answer in Agent Desk Settings (b) no RONA timer in Agent Desk Settings (c) no RONA configuration in CVP Dialed Numbers and (d) no Target Requery on any Queue To Skill Groups or Label nodes. 

Regards,

Geoff

Hi @geoff,

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that (about (c) and (d)). Can you explain why setting RONA on CVP and enabling Target re-query on PQ/SG nodes will interfere with the auto answer?

And by the way, why it is more preferred to use UCM auto answer instead of Agent Desk Settings Auto Answer?

Thanks! 

Geoff,

Why do you say auto answer in UCM is preferred?  In all discussions I have had with Cisco, setting this is UCM in not preferred because it will interfere with the dialer PG auto answer setting and a few others also.  I was directed to remove all UCM station auto-answer and set in desk setting and PG registry.

Would love to know your thoughts and explanation.

Thank you

I prefer it - and the agents prefer it - just because of the tone on connect. No other reason.

I have not experienced the Dialer issue, but if TAC are saying that - fine. One or the other.

Regards,

Geoff

Ahh ok, we have whispers for each of our IB skills so no tone needed.  Just wanted to confirm there was no other technical reason it is preferred.

Thanks

They are not set in UCM, they are only set in agent desk settings.