cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Error: failed to update the database login name is already defined data location: person

painee
Level 1
Level 1

I fat fingered a agent add. I deleted the account but I get a error after entering the correct information and trying to save, anyone else run into this, if so what was the fix?

failed to update the database login name is already defined data location: person

UCCE 8.03

Agent Explorer

Thanks

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fzhang
Level 1
Level 1

In UCCE when you delete some entity in configuration manager it didn't delete it from database but only marked it as deleted. You can go to 'Miscellaneous tools->deleted objects' in configuration manager to select the object and click 'delete permenently' button. This will actually remove that object.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

fzhang
Level 1
Level 1

In UCCE when you delete some entity in configuration manager it didn't delete it from database but only marked it as deleted. You can go to 'Miscellaneous tools->deleted objects' in configuration manager to select the object and click 'delete permenently' button. This will actually remove that object.

Got a little help and found the issue, if the user is still under List Tools/Person List delete them. Deleted users also show up under, Administration/Delete Objects. Its a saftey check so that if you accidentally delete someone you can put them back. Go in there, select the user then select permanantly delete.

Deleted users also show up under, Administration/Delete Objects. Its a saftey check so that if you accidentally delete someone you can put them back.

As an experienced UCCE guy, I know about Deleted Objects and I know how to permanently delete objects. But what I don't know, and what I have often wondered, is how you can actually put objects back. Has anyone done this? How do you do it?

Regards,

Geoff

I too wish this was possible, one thing I had is deleting something by mistake and then having to recreate it.  When unsure I put a X on the name and put the commend on the description with the date so in the future I will know it can be deleted without a problem.

david

Yeah, that would be nice to have an undelete button in that deleted objects screen. I suppose you could try going into the specific database table for the item, find the row, and change the Deleted column from "Y" to "N". I'm sure you'd be out of luck with TAC if something gets screwed up, though.

No way to reinstate deleted objects. Also, sorry Jesse but that wouldn't work unless you updated the record on each logger and reinitialized your awdb's. I highly advise against this though since the routers would still have the old config in memory. There are additional steps you could take to truly make this work and there would also be further considerations depending on what tables you're talking. Bottom line, I wouldn't do any of this without blessing from TAC as you mentioned. I've seen them bless some 'hacking' before but usually when it involved mass amounts of config where it made sense.

I'm trying to add an agent and get the same error message "failed to update the database login name is already defined data location: person". I've manually gone through every entry in the Person List and no one has the same login name. I've checked the Deleted List and it's not there either. I even did an SQL query looking for the login name and I still can't find a match.

Any ideas?