Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Finesse "Hide" Jabber or other device options

I'm still surprised Cisco doesn't have a solution or this, it's been annoying from the beginning with IP communicator. 

Is there a way to hide the Jabber GUI so that only login/settings are available and no notifications happen? It's confusing to agents when they have multiple applications doing the same thing and multiple notifications and multiple dialpads etc. 

I know Comstice has an option that lets you use mobile agent but I'd rather keep it all native. I did something along these lines before with Watson, I believe, but I don't think that will work on modern Windows versions. 

5 Replies 5

Yes, there are Jabber configuration file options that you can set up to disable/enable settings. Not sure what version you're using, but here's a guide for many of the options for instance.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_parameter-reference-guide-jabber-129.pdf

This is very helpful, for other reasons I had forgotten about! Specifically, Call_Center_Audio_Enhance_Mode. 

As Thomas pointed out, I can use ShowCallAlerts to disable the toaster and disable other "on top" components but really looking for a way to completely remove access to Jabber. One use case would be:

Agent signs into jabber, makes outbound call, signs into Finesse. The outbound call wouldn't be reported on. I'm wanting to force all activity through Finesse. 

I would think this will be very hard to do. In that example, if the agent logs out of Finesse at the end of their shift, you're going to force quit Jabber as well for instance? How do you handle this scenario with agents who have physical phones? Why not instruct the agents to follow the process to always use Finesse and when you find out that they don't by looking at other tools, then coach them? Just trying to understand the scenario.

Hey

As Bill writes.

I think you should use the parameter for the tosater for Jabber:

ShowCallAlerts

Applies to all clients Controls whether the incoming call alerts (toasts) appear. • true (default)—The alerts appear. • false—The alerts don't appear. 

<ShowCallAlerts>false</ShowCallAlerts>

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

On option could be to use Comstice WebRTC phone for this

Cisco Finesse WebRTC Softphone Gadget UCCE UCCX | Comstice

Phone inside the web browser

Comstice Wephone Gadget is added into agent's Finesse page and can be used to make receive calls through the web browser without any installation or Cisco phone required. It works on an internal network as well as the external network with no VPN required.

As i read it  you can only use Finesse, and no other phones is need to be installed. So no jabber.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.