Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE, Odd numbers in HDS Field

mattfuerst
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone,

I am querying the HDS (Historical Data Server) at a site that has a UCCE system. Looking at the Skill_Group_Half_Hour table, we are seeing some very odd numbers in the AbandonHoldCallsOutToHalf column. The numbers are often correctly zero (0) or small integers, but then we will see numbers in the billions, or negative millions, both of which are not true representations of the Abandon Hold Calls Out.

Can someone tell me what these numbers indicate? Many entries are <NULL> which is fine and expected, but I am unsure what the huge integers mean.

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

AbandonHoldCallsOutToHalf is the number of outbound calls that abandon while on hold. This will be reported by OPC.

Can you provide some detail on the call flow? Is this an IPCC Environment or TDM Environment?

Hi ivillegas,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I truly appreciate it.

In all honesty, this issue is occurring at a remote site on a 3rd party machine. I have no idea of their workflow or how their system is set up.

The majority of the values in the tables we are looking at are fine. The unusual values seem confined to the AbandonHoldCallsOutToHalf column specifically.

Are there any circumstances when this value should be in the billions? Or negative millions? I was wondering if some other value is potentially masked in with the actual value (IE: an error code, which I have seen done before by some programmers).

My initial reaction was to try to simply "filter" values that are blatantly wrong (hard to imagine a skillset going from 0 or 10 Abandoned calls a period to 9,754,234,122) but I didn't want to lose information intentionally.

Thanks again!

Hi Matt,

I suspect you have some overflow calls that are not IPCC monitored when transferred and hence when eventually they will time out in OPC on the PG you will see all coming in the same HH report.

I would consider what is happening while you are treating the call on the 3rd party machine you are mentioning.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to look into this thread here.

I must admit I am somewhat lacking with respect to the exact nomenclature and specifics in a UCCE installation and administration.

From reading, then re-reading your first sentence, you seem to be implying that the number of Abandoned calls in the field may be correct? I am quite certain the value in the column is not correct. We are getting massive numbers for a skillgroup that otherwise has very little activity. In addition, I will sometimes see this exact number in 2 or 3 separate rows for the same period.

In your second sentence, are you saying that by querying the table, we may be affecting the current call handling environment? We only query historical data tables (the *_Half_Hour ones) that are written to at the end of each half hour period. I don't see how querying this data for previous half hours will have any effect on any current, real time, live systems.

I realize I am the novice and the posters and contributors to this forum at the experts so it's very likely I am asking and phrasing my questions in an unclear manner.

To restate my question in a slightly different manner: We have software that queries the *_Half_Hour tables for historical call center data. A column (AbandonHoldCallsToHalf) in a table (Agent_Skill_Group_Half_Hour) has numbers that are blatantly wrong. These numbers are in the millions, billions or negatives for skillsets that have little or no activity.

Is there anything specific that would cause these blatantly incorrect values?

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

I do not have visibility in your call flow.

1) Any query that hasn't a SQL UPDATE statement within will not impact on the data itself.

2) The number might be crazy if negative or cumultative all the calls are timing out on the PG at the same time, if your 3rd Party solution takes the calls out of the ICM monitoring they will remain lingering up until eventually they will expire and timeout, hence a fllod of abandoned events occuring when that value is reached on the PG.

3) Negative would show up expecially in scenarios where the monitoring is lost, are you dequeueing those calls to another system/ACD? If so your call should possibly be marked as disconnected on the ICM side.

Regards,

Riccardo

From reading the various responses, it seems like the perception is that we are looking at real time data, or we are actively involved in the call routing process.

We are specifically looking at the *_Half_Hour tables on the HDS (Historical Data Server), for example, the Call_Type_Half_Hour table. My understanding is that at the end of every half hour period, the statistics for the previous half hour are accumulated and deposited in the table.

I may be wrong in my assumption, but I can't imagine our reading from this table having an effect. This is a table detailing what has happened in the past.

So, phrasing another way. I am quite certain that -469753344 (that's a negative there) calls were not Abandoned from a Skill_Group during a half hour period when nothing else was happening in that group. Any ideas?

Matt

mattfuerst
Level 1
Level 1

Just received official word from a gentleman at Cisco....

"That is a bug.

CSCsa46652

See if you can access this link.

http://cdets.cisco.com/apps/goto?identifier=CSCsa46652

It shows fixed in 7.0. a previous customer said the fix was in 7.2.4.

Best course of action is probably to open a TAC Case."

Just FYI in case anyone else finds this error in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: