Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE or ICM?

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Enterprise-wide project is mandating we obtain Cisco ICM. It's proven difficult for me to determine exactly what this is and I'm lost in Cisco documentation. I am assuming it is not a standalone product we can introduce into our UCCX environment. Is it the separate from UCCE altogether? Is UCCE the umbrella environment and ICM a sub-component of it? and lastly what exactly does it do - or what can't you do w/o it if you already have UCCE.

Thanks,

Kelly

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

ICM grew out of the Geotel acquisition - their product was called Intelligent Call Router (ICR). ICM was renamed to UCCE a few years ago.

UCCX is a Cisco-developed product from the get-go.

The two products are totally unrelated at the core.

That said, there are some points of intersection:

1. UCCX comes from a base family called CRS (Customer Response Solutions) and UCCX is one form of this family; another form is IPIVR which can be used as an IVR for VoIP with CUCM in a UCCE deployment (in other words, it talks GED-125 to a PG and integrates as a VRU).

2. Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) appears in both UCCE and UCCX. This is an OEM by Calabrio, and the product offerings are very close, but there are some very small differences. The UCCX one tends to lag the UCCE one.

Regards,

Geoff

Great info Geoff, I had wondered that myself.  +5

lbarreto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kelly,

UCCE is basically a unified contact center enterprise, which integrates with UCCX there are different forms of integration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/design/guide/uccesrnd80.pdf

The above is the Solutions reference network design guide for using the Cisco UCCE.

UCCEs are used in contact center environments to achieve intelligent call routing, multi-channel automatic call distribution (ACD) functionality, interactive voice response (IVR), network call queuing, and consolidated enterprise-wide reporting

Have a read through the guide for more details.

Regards

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: