cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Queue Closure

floresbrian
Level 1
Level 1

All,  I am looking for an automated solution that would allow me to close a scipt and have the ability to clear out the queue while not allowing new calls into queue.  while the script is closed i would like to play a message of my choice.  this would need to have the ability to close during the middle of a work day with out using fixed scheduling apps.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most common way of achieving this is to use a user variable which is checked in your routing script for current value and if set route to different node that plays the announcement and does whatever you want to the call.  This variable can be either set manually by adjusting admin its value in admin script that is scheduled to run lets say every minute or building another routing script that allows user to authenticate and follow prompts to change the value of it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most common way of achieving this is to use a user variable which is checked in your routing script for current value and if set route to different node that plays the announcement and does whatever you want to the call.  This variable can be either set manually by adjusting admin its value in admin script that is scheduled to run lets say every minute or building another routing script that allows user to authenticate and follow prompts to change the value of it.

To add to what Chris said, you also have to have a queue script which loops from your peripheral (CVP, IP IVR, etc) back to ICM and this is where you check your user variable to figure out if you want to stay in queue or dump the call. david

floresbrian
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds pretty straight forward,  Thanks guys.

Good luck, and please mark the question as answered if you are satisfied with the answers.

Chris