cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Routing Allocation

kristineholland
Level 4
Level 4

Hey we're trying to route a percent of calls off net, but want to also cap it by number of calls by interval.   For example from 8:00-8:30 we will be allocating 30% of our calls but we don't want more than 20 calls to be routed.     Which nodes or formulas should we be using?

Thanks!!!                  

4 Replies 4

bill.king
Level 1
Level 1

There are probably a couple different ways you could do this (look at a call type calculation for example), but have you tried using a Scheduled Target? It isn't a tool I have worked much with, but I think it would help get you what you need?

This could be quite challenging. You could create a Global variable to count things through the script (aside from call variables) and could have clever "time of day" nodes to reset this every half-hour (even that sounds tricky). Then you could test the value before the percentage allocation nodes.

Regards,

Geoff

To reset the value I'm thinking you could throw it in an admin script and run it every 60 seconds and check for the current value of the Minutes portion of the time. You'd look for either 0 or 30.

minute(now())

Not 100%  bulletproof either but I believe as long as the admin script fired every 60 seconds it would theoretically be fine.

Your best and easiest bet would be to look at calltype.callsofferedtoday < 20.  If you want to get fancy, do a database dip into the TCD and see how many calls have been routed to that label or do the global variable Geoff mentioned, which would work too.

david