cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5.1 - LDAP Monitor Service error

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Ran across an issue shortly after upgrading UCCX from 8.5 to 10.5 where agents were not able to login and getting the error ā€œUnable to connect to Directory Services.  Directory Services may be down or you may have incorrect directory Services settings (see your log for details). Please notify your administrator.ā€

When this occurred no one was bounced from their agent session but anyone who tried to login would get this error.  Resetting the Cisco LDAP Monitor Service fixes the issue.

Here is the kicker.  I found out how to recreate the issue every time.  When I log into the Supervisor software and close it out - the issue is created.  I show in RTMT this error each time I do this:

t Thu Jun 18 10:48:43 EDT 2015 on node jsjuccx1, the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated:
SeverityMatch : Alert
MatchedEvent : Jun 18 10:48:21 jsjuccx1 local7 1 : 348: jsjuccx1.jsjcorp.com: Jun 18 2015 02:48:21 PM.559 UTC :  %UC_GENERIC-1-ProcessStop: %[UNKNOWN_PARAMTYPE:Process Identifier=-1][ModuleName=Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service][AppID=Cisco Unified CCX Cluster View Daemon][ClusterID=][NodeID=jsjuccx1]: Process Stopped
AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent
ClusterID :
NodeID : jsjuccx1
 TimeStamp : Thu Jun 18 10:48:21 EDT 2015

I have worked with TAC and at the time I opened the case I did not know how to recreate it.  The fix was to upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.5.1(SU1).  I ran the upgrade but when attempting to switch version it failed.  TAC implemented a fix thinking it was associated with a known bug but after another attempt the switch version failed.

I am curious why my account creates the issue and if this is tied to not being able to switch versions.

4 Replies 4

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Troy,

Does this happen on 10.5.1 SU1 as well?

This seems to be a defect either ways on 10.5.1 Base version to me. Are you just seeing the alert or is the LDAP monitor Service going into a SHUTDOWN state after you do the close of the CSD?

Regards,

Arundeep

Thank you for your reply Arundeep,

I am unable to get to version 10.5.1 SU1 to test because after running the upgrade and issuing the switch version command, the version switch fails each time on step 5.  I just re-ran the upgrade this past weekend with the same result.

The service -  LDAP monitor service never actually goes to an out of service state but remains in service.  However when using my account only and opening the Supervisor Software, logging in and closing out, the next attempt to login into CAD or Supevisor by any user results in receiving the error.  Only then does restarting that service allow users including myself to login. 

hi Troy,

Does this happen only when you close the CSD? What about other supervisors closing the CSD?

I am wondering what would be wrong with your user id and there have been issues with the CUIC  rogue users on 10.5.1 base version.

We need to find out why the upgrade is failing as well. You could copy the Install/Upgrade logs here and we can take a look.

Regards,

Arundeep

Correct, only when I close the CSD.  This only occurs with my account, does not occur with other CSD users.  I am also wondering what's causing this?  I have attached a copy of the initial install log for the upgrade and also logs during the switch version attempt. Appreciate the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: