Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5.1su1 and CUCM IP Change

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi everyone,

I am prepping for a upcoming CUCM Publisher and Subscriber IP change.  I am getting conflicting information in regards to the IP addresses associated to the AXL, JTAPI, and RMCM accounts within CM Configuration of UCCX.  On one hand I have been told that they will update automatically due to these accounts residing in CUCM's database. I am also being told that I may have to update them manually via CLI using the "set uccx provider ip (axl/jtapi/rmcm)...." command.  I was just wondering if anyone can confirm what actions, if any had to be taken.  Thanks.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony,

You will have to change them manually, use below commands to do it.

admin: set uccx provider ip jtapi <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip axl <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip rmcm <CUCM Pub IP address>

And then restart Unified CCX for the changes to take effect!!

Suresh

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only need to update the AXL provider using CLI manually after changing the IP Address. Post this, the other CM servers assuming replication is working between them will start showing up in Available section on CCX Administration >> System >> Cisco Unified CM Configuration.

However, I would strongly recommend that you contact TAC and have their consent on this before doing since it is not supported to integrate existing UCCX cluster to a different CUCM cluster which I believe also includes change of IP Address within the same cluster as well without the rebuilt of UCCX. 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo42159/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

Both Suresh's reply and the guide listed above in my reply back to Suresh doesn't mention anything about the Call Manager IP change not being supported.  The bud ID you have included only mentions about pointing UCCX to a different CUCM cluster not being supported after UCCX 7.x.  The bug has no mention of changing the IP of CUCM and updating UCCX not being supported.  Thanks.

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

It looks like that you did not read my comments properly. I just gave you the information that I am aware of, confirming it with TAC or not is your decision altogether.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I did read your comments correctly and I do have a TAC case open.  However I was reaching out to the community to see if anyone has done this in their own environments, so I can perhaps be able to know what to expect in addition to the information that TAC is providing me.

I was just trying to understand how the Bug ID you are referencing is related to my question.  When reading the bug ID it only mentions of pointing UCCX to a different CUCM cluster.  Also of the CUCM IP's that are currently associated with the AXL/JTAPI/RMCM user, only one is changing it's IP.  My Publisher is changing its IP as well but isn't associated with the mentioned users.

In the end I was only trying to see if another member has performed this task in order to see what was done in a true UCCX environment.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, what is your understanding about pointing UCCX to a different CM cluster. If UCCX would have been able to differentiate that you are indeed pointing it to a new cluster altogether and not to the same one wherein just the IP had changed then don't you think the change should have been done automated within UCCX itself rather than you manually need to use those commands to make the change.

I know people out there use these commands and they do work as well however if any issues arise out of that then you will definitely need TAC on your side to support this and work with you. My response was from only that perspective, I might be completely wrong on this since I have not encountered personally an issue while doing this but just wanted to let you know that some sort of this also exist specially when the bug is still in an Open state and does not mention clearly if this does not apply when you change the IP Address of an existing cluster that already had been integrated with UCCX. Since you already have a TAC open then I think you are in safe hands and should proceed with what they say as they are the best judge out there to tell what is supported and not

Regards

Deepak

Adding to my previous response, I just had gone through the relevant documentation and looked at my internal resources as well and yes you can indeed use these commands to point UCCX to the CM cluster when only you change the IP Address and not pointing to a new cluster altogether.

I think I misunderstood the defect, feel free to go ahead with the change. As far as using those commands are concerned, you can either run all of them i.e, below or else just run ip axl one and then the rest (RmCm and Jtapi providers) you can also change from CCX Administration

set uccx provider ip axl <IP Address of CM 1, CM2, CM3>

set uccx provider ip rmcm <IP Address of CM1, CM2>

set uccx provider ip jtapi <IP Address of CM1, CM2>

Regards

Deepak

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony,

You will have to change them manually, use below commands to do it.

admin: set uccx provider ip jtapi <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip axl <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip rmcm <CUCM Pub IP address>

And then restart Unified CCX for the changes to take effect!!

Suresh

The only command that really needed to be used was the "set uccx provider ip axl" .  I entered it using the new IP of my CUCM Pub and then once in the cm configuration portion of the UCCX appadmin page, I could then select the new CUCM subscriber IP addresses and drag them over.  I also deselected the old CUCM IP's and once I clicked save they disappeared.  Since my setup is HAoWAN I also had to perform this step on my UCCX Sub as well.  After completing, I had to reboot the UCCX cluster to finalize the change.

I hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Tony for coming back with more specific info...+5

Suresh