Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5.1su1 and CUCM IP Change

tonyperla
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I am prepping for a upcoming CUCM Publisher and Subscriber IP change.  I am getting conflicting information in regards to the IP addresses associated to the AXL, JTAPI, and RMCM accounts within CM Configuration of UCCX.  On one hand I have been told that they will update automatically due to these accounts residing in CUCM's database. I am also being told that I may have to update them manually via CLI using the "set uccx provider ip (axl/jtapi/rmcm)...." command.  I was just wondering if anyone can confirm what actions, if any had to be taken.  Thanks.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
Rising star
Rising star

Hi Tony,

You will have to change them manually, use below commands to do it.

admin: set uccx provider ip jtapi <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip axl <CUCM Pub IP address>

admin: set uccx provider ip rmcm <CUCM Pub IP address>

And then restart Unified CCX for the changes to take effect!!

Suresh

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only need to update the AXL provider using CLI manually after changing the IP Address. Post this, the other CM servers assuming replication is working between them will start showing up in Available section on CCX Administration >> System >> Cisco Unified CM Configuration.

However, I would strongly recommend that you contact TAC and have their consent on this before doing since it is not supported to integrate existing UCCX cluster to a different CUCM cluster which I believe also includes change of IP Address within the same cluster as well without the rebuilt of UCCX. 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo42159/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak