cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uCCX 10.5 & uCCX 12.x

Tony Knight
Level 1
Level 1

While I totally agreed, what I am asking is not an ideal solution but are there any technical issues with the following:

• Use CAD on uCCX 10.6 for inbound voice
  • Use Finesse on uCCX 12.x for email routing

The agent will use 2 agent desktop apps namely CAD & Finesse.....

In the short term, customer can not move to uCCX 12.x for inbound voice but is desparate to get email routing and 10.6 email routing doesn't support O365

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically yes, if you have 2 separate CUCM clusters as there is no CUCM version that would be compatible with CCX 10.X and 12.5 AFAIK. Not something I would recommend, but if you think this will work for your customer then this is an option.

View solution in original post

Good point about the singular CUCM version. It could likely be ignored, since the usage for the UCCX 12.x is email and not voice, and thus CTI is not a necessity. However, the one sticking point might be that you need AXL to function as well, and I cannot say for sure, though I'd doubt it, that AXL implementation differences between the versions of UCCX changed to support a CUCM AXL schema change, exists, and will prevent logins.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically yes, if you have 2 separate CUCM clusters as there is no CUCM version that would be compatible with CCX 10.X and 12.5 AFAIK. Not something I would recommend, but if you think this will work for your customer then this is an option.

Good point about the singular CUCM version. It could likely be ignored, since the usage for the UCCX 12.x is email and not voice, and thus CTI is not a necessity. However, the one sticking point might be that you need AXL to function as well, and I cannot say for sure, though I'd doubt it, that AXL implementation differences between the versions of UCCX changed to support a CUCM AXL schema change, exists, and will prevent logins.

Thanks, you verified what I was thinking!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: