Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5 Real Time Report shows "Not Connected"

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

UCCX 10.5 HA over LAN.

As per the title, RTR shows Not connected for both nodes and no data shown for all reports. all services are In service in both nodes. 

Any Ideas?

Regards.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy
16 Replies 16

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are your server names resolvable in DNS?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

I will check that part

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

any update?

Not yet actually. I will get updated status sooner.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Aaron,

Thanks for the clue. It ended up being DNS related.

I had tried manually adding the hostname + IP address to the DNS server and it didn't work.

I found out I had to put in the FQDN + IP on the dns, not just the hostname + dns.

This issue is resolved.

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Are you accessing this via the IE or FF? If so which version?

The Real time reporting on UCCX connects to the RMI port 6999 to pull the information on the Engine. If there are no port blockages or if there are no issues with the browsers, then it is a problem with the configuration files in root holding this information which needs in depth analysis.

A restart of the Engine also should help. I know that everything is IN SERVICE, but I have noticed a lot of issues on UCCX 10.5 when there are stuck calls on the system, it impacts RTR with the midnight stats reset.

The reset of the Engine is bound to clear all the stuck calls in the system and this may be a side effect of the stuck calls on the system especially if the RTR was working before you noticed the problems.

Regards,

Arundeep

Hello Arundeep,

actually I am facing lot of problems with port blocking in this network, i will check that part as well.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Anybody have a resolution for this? Using UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39

Same exact issue as origonal poster. I have restarted the Engine service as suggested in this thread.

My network engineer has varified port 6999 is open.

Any input would be greatly appresiated.

Chk ur server names are resolvable in DNS 

Hi Sam,

Please get the output of utils diagnose test for both the servers and see if the DNS resolution is fine or not. In most of the cases, it should be an issue with DNS and that will be evident with the output of the above command.

Once you have verified this, please make sure that you have both the forward and reverse entries for your UCCX servers configured in the DNS server.

Regards

Deepak

I added the uccx FQDN to the DNS server (it's a Cisco router)

I can ping the FQDN of uccx from uccx itself, and the network now.

Although, when I run "utils diagnose test" is still says "reverse dns lookup" failed.

I'm more of a voice guy, any ideas why reverse DNS wouldn't work?

I got the DNS figured out. "utils diagnose test" network portion now passes.

Real time reporting still says "not connected" I restarted the service engine again for good measure.

Hmmmm

Sam,

Please go for a cluster reboot and then try to launch RTR. Also, please make sure to check the utils diagnose test on the secondary node as well in case of HA.

Regards

Deepak

I guess I should have specified, I have the same "not connected" problem for real time reporting, but this is a publisher only environment.

I'll try rebooting the publisher afterhours, and reply to this thread tomorrow if it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: