cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6.1 - Expired, Auto-generated Demo license crashing MCVD-LIB_LICENSE startup process?

eric.butcher
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody else experiencing this?

I upgraded from version 9.0.x to 10.6.1 at the end of December.  It generated a Demo License (that wasn't needed) during the upgrade, which expired on Feb 27th.

I restarted the engine on the HA node last night, and it won't start up now.

On start-up, MCVD Log shows: 

6953: Mar 09 10:55:03.978 EDT %MCVD-LIB_LICENSE-7-UNK:General Runtime Error in using m_FlexlmParser details are : Exception=java.lang.NullPointerException

The process stops reading/parsing licenses after this and acts like it would if it had no license.

Good thing this wasn't my primary engine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've seen very similar things.

Use this CLI command to list your licenses:

utils uccx list license

Then delete the bad one:

utils uccx delete license dodgytrial.lic

Then restart. If it's HA, do the delete on both nodes, shut them down, and start them one at a time.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've seen very similar things.

Use this CLI command to list your licenses:

utils uccx list license

Then delete the bad one:

utils uccx delete license dodgytrial.lic

Then restart. If it's HA, do the delete on both nodes, shut them down, and start them one at a time.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes,

That's what I ended up having to resort to.  I had numerous demo licenses across the years because of rapid expansion of call volume (agent seat temp licenses to act as a bridge gap while permanent licenses were purchased and delivered).

It ended up being caused by two demo licenses that expired on the same day, it seems.

Just to add to your answer though... DO NOT DELETE THEM FROM THE GUI.  This will put your engines out of service until all offending files are deleted, and may require a reboot even then.

Thanks...

Yeah, good point (+5).. I did specify the CLI that but there's no harm in spelling out that I didn't suggest the GUI for a reason :-)