James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have just built a system comprising the following:

• CUCM 10.5(2)SU1
  • UCCX 10.6(1)
  • 7841 SIP phones for agents 

There seem to be some CTI issues when using the 7841 SIP phones which do not appear when using 7962 SCCP phones.

When an agent tries to transfer a caller using Finesse it is not always successful (approx 40% success). When it fails the agent phone creates a second call but does not complete it - you just hear dial tone. Transferring using the handset works 100%.

The other issue is similar. When a supervisor tries to barge a call they are monitoring their phone goes off hook but the call is not placed and the caller is placed on hold. The agent is able to retrieve the caller's call.

From my reading it seems that the 7841 has a few CTI bugs - see CSCur35773 - so I obtained the Engineering Special release firmware mentioned in the bug description but get the same results.

Has anyone successfully used 78xx phones with UCCX Finesse yet?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issues with UCCX 10.6 and 7841 phones. It is only happening on transfers with the 7841 phones. The 7965 phones work just fine.

Anyone else run into this and have anything to add???

Hi,

I raised a TAC case for this and they diagnosed a race condition in the phone. I need to collect some logs for the TAC case but have not been to the customer site for a while as I am stuck on another project.

If you wanted to raise your own case I can PM you the number of my case so TAC could see the issues I have reported.

Yes please, you can email it to me. I will make sure to update you on any progress I make...

Tom

tsuntken@sentinel.com