cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 show incoming call CSQ

rvarela1223
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to UCCX scripting.  We have multiple teams for different clinical practice sites and on some of the teams they have multiple CSQ's.  It has been presented that when a call comes in on a particular CSQ if the agent in ready status could see the incoming call and what CSQ it is coming from (main numbers are different for each CSQ with a unique trigger).  

I tried to follow this:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12425561/configuration-call-peripheral-variables-and-expanded-call-context-ecc-finesse#comment-10287026

and it does show up in the incoming field but it didn't matter which CSQ was calling and the variable was listed so that kinda defeated the purpose.  

Is there a way to script it and set up the variable so that when an outside caller calls a specific number the system then tags the caller ID and the specific CSQ showing the agent that information in the incoming call field.  I need it to be specific to the agent teams.  

e.g. Team PHM has 5 different CSQ's for different lines; agent 1 handles CSQ 1, 2, and 3.  Calls comes in on CSQ 1 agent sees that it is for CSQ 1, another call comes in on CSQ 2 and agent sees that it is a CSQ 2 call.  

15 Replies 15

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

You can set the call custom variables to whatever you want. Doesn't have to be a specific parameter like "CSQ"

I appreciate the answer but that isn't what I am asking.  When I say CSQ I am speaking about the Contact Service Queue.  I have teams assigned in my system and there are multiple CSQ's routing to 1 team.  The agents would like to know what CSQ is comiing inbound when calls are routed to their phones.  The issue I am having is even assigning the custom call variable it is not working correctly.  For example I set up a call variable name queue 1 and another named queue 2 but in testing it doesn't matter which trigger i call in on it doesn't disseminate which queue the call came in on.  

I had to do something similar at my place earlier in the year.

Do you mind posting your script? I can check through a few of the issues I had to work through.

Feel free to email it if you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly: svaidya@integritypays.com

sure.  here you go.  Please be as tough as you want on it.  I am new to this.  Just to let you know the call center that this is being set up for just wants the calls to ring to the agent without an open greeting or any options to be offered. Rename the file to .aef in order to open it.  The system will only allow certain .xxx types to be posted

Ok, I'm a little confused here. 

Are you just trying to distinguish between regular concierge call and overflow?

Or do you have other scripts/application that still point to the same team? 

What is happening? For example, with this script, is the agent not seeing the call custom variable you have set? Or is it showing something differently?

sorry for not explaining myself more clearly.  I am also attaching the 5 scripts (zip file just rename the .xlsx to .zip).  The call center that is being setup has 5 main numbers for 5 different queues in one team.  So an agent can answer multiple CSQ's based on the skills I add to each.  The one script i sent you was my first attempt to try and give them what they are asking for.  I have everything pretty much working in the manner they requested except for the incoming caller ID and CSQ the call is coming from.  There is a Concierge CSQ, DLP CSQ, Outreach CSQ, New Pt Line CSQ, and a nurses line CSQ. 

almost forgot the reason I am working on the concierge csq is due to the fact that if no one answers/or is logged in to take a call from that csq it would automatically overflow to the Nurses CSQ.  I figure if i can get that completely working then the rest of the scripts would be "cake"

Ok, can can you answer this from my previous post:

"What is happening? For example, with this script, is the agent not seeing the call custom variable you have set? Or is it showing something differently?"

At the end of the day, the call custom variable you set right before a call is answered by an agent SHOULD be what they see in Finesse.

In testing if i call in from the Concierge CSQ trigger it comes up as CSQ concierge but if I call from the Nurses Queue I am still seeing the call variable for CSQ concierge.  That is what i have run into. 

What ever CSQ you last set in the custom variable is the one you'll end up seeing. Are you setting the nurse CSQ as custom variable right before connection the call?

In testing I set a custom variable for Concierge and for nursing.  Then I called the concierge trigger and I see the variable for concierge but when i call the trigger for nursing i still see the concierge variable.  What am i doing wrong? 

I have the set enterprise call set after the set string csq selected.  Should I move it?  I attached a screenshot as to where it is currently placed. 

You basically want the "set custom variable" to be right before the "select resource" step. 

Try doing and active debug and watch how the custom variable changes. That might help in determining the problem. 

Edit- Let me know if you're continuing to have a hard time. I'll open up the relevant scripts and try to track it down. 

Will do and let you know the outcome.  i am out of the office for this week but will work on this over the weekend 

You get this resolved?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: