cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 silent monitor (Generic Error)

Hi,

I'm trying the silent monitor with Finesse with UCCX 10.6 but It fails with this error: unable to silent monitor at this time [CTI Error=Generic Error]

It was working before but after some changes, it stopped.

The final setup now is that the agents use extension mobility but with no shared lines

And the end user page in cucm have primary extension configured like as 4444 for his jabber and VM and IPCC extension configured like as 5555 [DN of Extension Mobility] for receiving call center calls.

Users asked for 2 different extensions.

Is this setup have issues with monitoring. I mean the primary extension and IPCC extension could be different ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you please check if the RmCm user had the below role added or not, if not then please add it since it is required for 9971 SIP Phone:

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting ConnectedXfer and conf

If this does not resolve the issue, then can you please tell what is the error message you are getting while trying to login into Finesse when using 9971 SIP Phone

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hythim,

Please make sure the below things are setup properly

Configuration For Silent Monitoring:

++ Configure an test agent on UCCX with an unique IPCC Extension.
++ Make sure that the agent phone has the Built in Bridge (BIB) On. This can be done on the phone or at the Cluster level by setting the Default Parameter to On.
++ Login the agent to Finesse.
++ Make sure that the Supervisor is also logged into Finesse and is in the NOT READY state.
++ Make sure that the Supervisor also has an unique IPCC Extension.
++ Ensure that the RMCM user has the required roles for Call Monitoring and Call Recording which is Standard CTI Allow Call Monitoring and Recording. Note: This is automatically done by CCX when adding the RMCM user on the CUCM. Just ensure the correct roles.
++ Assign the Monitoring CSS on the Supervisor Phone to contain the Partition of the agent line.
++ Once an agent is in the TALKING state, perform the Silent Monitoring.
++ Please ensure that the agent phone and Supervisor Phone are compatible for Finesse using the following compatibility matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5%281%29

Section IP Phones for Cisco Finesse.

Considerations For Silent Monitoring:

++ The Supervisor Needs to login to Finesse and must be in NOT READY State.
++ The Agent needs to login to Finesse and must be on an active call –
++ TALKING State The Supervisor will have the Silent Monitoring Button Visible only when he selects an Agent in TALKING State.
++ The Finesse with UCCX uses the native Call Recording and Monitoring functionality of the Call manager.

++ Link for Configuration on Call manager:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-and-services-guide_chapter_0100110.html#CUCM_TP_C1E8A3DF_00

++ Following is the guide for UCCX that talks about unsupported and supported configurations for agent phones:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/release/docs/UCCX_BK_UBDB029E_00_uccx-release-notes-105.html

++ The IPCC Extension needs to be unique and must not be shared across devices or line groups.

There are no issues in assigning both the primary and IPCC extension at the End User level till the time they are unique. The supervisor who is trying to monitor, is he/she also using EM if yes then make sure Monitoring Calling Search Space is set on the User Device Profile as well. Also, since the agent is using EM then make sure you are only putting the UDP in the Controlled Device list and not the jabber phone both at the end user level and in the RmCm user.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for your reply

I find my configuration is good

I tried a lot of modifications all the day

But finally replacing the supervisor phone from 9971 sip to 8945 sccp then login with EM

The silent monitoring work good with no errors

The error in MIVR when trying silent monitoring with 9971 is "failureCode=CF_GENERIC_UNSPECIFIED,errorCode=0, text=Error from Supervisor Monitor request"

I found the 9971 SIP Phone is supported for silent monitoring for UCCX 10.6.

I was having a problem with this IP Phone 9971 for an agent to login to finesse

The agent can login good with 8945 phone although the 9971 is listed as supported finesse SIP Phones

So please advise if there is any BUGs for using 9971 for finesse agent and also for supervisor silent monitoring ? that with the same configuration both are working with the 8945 .

Or the 9971 SIP need special configuration on device ?

Thanks

Can you please check if the RmCm user had the below role added or not, if not then please add it since it is required for 9971 SIP Phone:

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting ConnectedXfer and conf

If this does not resolve the issue, then can you please tell what is the error message you are getting while trying to login into Finesse when using 9971 SIP Phone

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

We got this error on Desktop CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE

And MIVR show this error

failureCode:CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE errorCode:88004 text:Resource's device is off in CTI Server's message queue

I found device is OFF is related to RmCm but can't solve it

So do you think this role will solve both the agent login and silent monitoring for 9971 SIP.

Thanks again

I am very much sure about this.So just go ahead and add the role in case it is missing.

Regards

Deepak

Great :)

Will try this one tomorrow isa and will update you

Thanks again

Sure, keep me posted.

Regards

Deepak

It worked as you confirm :)

thanks a lot for your kind help and co-operation 

Regards :)

Glad it worked Hythim and thanks for updating the forum.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Depak, 

I've done all this steps that you mentioned above. However, I'm still getting busy tone when start to monitoring the agent. I'm using 7821 and EM. You have mentioned that is mandatory to use css on device profile you meant that configuration needs to be applied on the user right? Because on the device profile there's no such option. I'm using CUCM 10.6. Any clue?

Thank you in advance!