Views
Helpful
Replies

Uccx 10 + cucm 10 salesforce integration

maximbai1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone.

We have a customer who uses uccx 10 and cucm 10 and wants to integrate his call center with salesforce.

As I concluded after reading docs, forums and articles cisco call connector and crm connector are not the options as one of them is outdated and the other is going to be soon.

So actually I have 3 options:

1. Use cisco finesse. As I can see it allows building sort of workflows that will call salesforce's api and screen pop caller info in the integrated browser

2. Use third party app like acm or b+s

3. Implement our own connector using Jtapi(?). This one is going to be not easy and expensive.

Is my vision correct or am I missing anything?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You're on the right track on your options:

1. Finesse integration would be weak at best. You still need APEX code on the SF side to do much of anything meaningful.

2. This is your best and most cost effective option.

3. If you have a lot of time on your hands, a good developer with Java/JTAPI and can do VF/APEX send me your resume (seriously). However don't expect your client to wait (or pay) for you to develop a connector and be the beta testers as well. If this kind of stuff interests I encourage you to play with it, but don't expect to sell this as your solution to your customer.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You're on the right track on your options:

1. Finesse integration would be weak at best. You still need APEX code on the SF side to do much of anything meaningful.

2. This is your best and most cost effective option.

3. If you have a lot of time on your hands, a good developer with Java/JTAPI and can do VF/APEX send me your resume (seriously). However don't expect your client to wait (or pay) for you to develop a connector and be the beta testers as well. If this kind of stuff interests I encourage you to play with it, but don't expect to sell this as your solution to your customer.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

2nd what Tanner said. Personally between AMC and B+S, I would start with B+S. Feel that their solution is far more mature.

david

One more vote for Bucher+Suter. I had the privilege to get acquainted with both company's products and approach and I was able to see the difference.

G.

Well, now I need some clarification )
I'm totally confused with what finesse can do.

I guess I can basically set it up to display some page on some action. Right?
For example, when a call comes in - display page A.
When an aget picks up the phone - display page B.

Page A and page B can be salesforce pages with complicated search logic implemented in APEX. I mean, I can pass the caller's phone number, IVR selection and apex will make some complicated search and will return some HTML, which will be displayed by finess. 

So if I'm able to write some apex code, finess can be a good solution, except the fact that agents actually work not in salesforce GUI but in the finesse window. 

Is that correct?

maximbai1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your replies. 
I guess a third-party app will be the best solution.

Hi, on our new website you'll find helpful information about our Cisco Salesforce Integration solutions. https://www.bucher-suter.com/crmconnectors/salesforce-integration/

Furthermore check our new Salesforce interactive demo:
https://www.bucher-suter.com/interactive-salesforce/

Best regards,
Bruno Grünig
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: