cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.0 - How do I show CSQ info on the handset instead of the CTI Port?

Anthony Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running UCCX 11.0.1.10000-75 (ES07-38) and CUCM 11.0.1.20000-2. I am using UCCX scripts to route and place calls into CSQ's using the select resources step. 

The Call Center I administer has  Agents who answer many different CSQ's at once. They need to know which CSQ the call they are answering came from, so they know how to greet the caller.

For example: CSQ A would be for calls pertaining to Company A and CSQ B would be for calls pertaining to Company B. My agents need to know to answer "Thank you for calling Company A" when they receive a call from the Company A CSQ. 

I am currently using the "Set Enterprise Data" step,  which allows me to use Finesse to show which Queue a call is coming from, however; I need the handset itself to be able to do this. My Agents login to Finesse and basically never interact with it again (and the don't partically like having to depend on a webpage for this info). We work in a situation where our Agents do a lot of web research, and it's not very practical l to have Finesse be the front Window at all times, since they often have tens of windows or tabs open at all times. 

There has to be a way to show queue info on our 7962 handsets themselves. Instead of showing the CTI port on the handset (which is basically useless info), I want to show the CSQ that the call is originating from. 

Thanks all!

Anthony

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, there is no way to send CSQ info to the phone display when using Finesse desktop. I suppose you could use IP Phone Agent instead of desktop Finesse to see if you can get what you are looking for.

OK, this is somewhat dissapointing, as it seems like a very basic and necessary feature :/

Thanks for responding. 

Anthony

Chris is correct in saying that it is not possible to use CSQ information on the phone if agents are using Finesse Desktop. If you want this to be displayed on phone then the only way is to configure Finesse IPPA and let the agents use that for handling Contact Center calls.

Regards

Deepak

I wonder if there isn't a way to do this.  It wouldn't be scalable and it would require multiple scripts.  If you create two different Call Control Groups, you should be able to configure the Display name for each group. If the two CSQs are assigned today by different scripts, then just associate the application for each side with a different Call Control Group.  If, however, they are both in one script, then you will need to split at least one of them off into a new script, which is called by the first and is assigned to an application that is configured with the other CCG.

Please note:  I have not tested this and this is a hack.  It's just a hack that *should* work.

@CHRIS CHARLEBOIS wrote:

I wonder if there isn't a way to do this.  It wouldn't be scalable and it would require multiple scripts.  If you create two different Call Control Groups, you should be able to configure the Display name for each group. If the two CSQs are assigned today by different scripts, then just associate the application for each side with a different Call Control Group.  If, however, they are both in one script, then you will need to split at least one of them off into a new script, which is called by the first and is assigned to an application that is configured with the other CCG.

Please note:  I have not tested this and this is a hack.  It's just a hack that *should* work.

Yes that works fine. For my case, I created different Call Control Groups for different triggers. Each trigger has it's own CSQ name. At the bottom of the Call Control Group setting (click Show More), under "Call Forward and Pickup Settings for Selected Node" section, you will see "Display". This is the name to be displayed on the agent handsets while the call is coming. You just put CSQ name here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: