cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.0 Prompt Recording Script

Casey Arnold
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create a script that will allow my Customer Service Manager to dial and extension, Enter a PIN and then be asked if they wish to listen to a prompt or create a new prompt. If he selects listen to a prompt, he then enters the prompt number and listens to the prompt.  Then he is offered a menu that includes an option to re-record the message (prompt).  He can then re-record and then choose to review, save or re-record.  Once he selects the save option, the file will be written to UCCX and will overwrite the existing file if that number already exists.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Casey,

Please find attached the recording script (exactly what you are looking for) with all the required prompts, just upload it to the system and you are good to go.

You will just need to make two changes to the below steps in this script:

1) On the promptmgmt = Get User (User ID : "derawat") step, change the user to your local user who had admin rights to login into CCX Admin page

2) Just below the above step, you will find the Authenticate User Password (promptmgmt, "cisco") step. Please change the password to the one as per the user that you are using in step 1.

Prompts will get saved under en_US folder on UCCX

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

john.morkunas
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering how I could modify the script to have the prompts save to a sub directory in "en_US" ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Casey,

Please find attached the recording script (exactly what you are looking for) with all the required prompts, just upload it to the system and you are good to go.

You will just need to make two changes to the below steps in this script:

1) On the promptmgmt = Get User (User ID : "derawat") step, change the user to your local user who had admin rights to login into CCX Admin page

2) Just below the above step, you will find the Authenticate User Password (promptmgmt, "cisco") step. Please change the password to the one as per the user that you are using in step 1.

Prompts will get saved under en_US folder on UCCX

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Thank you so very much.  You and Matt have both been incredibly helpful. 

Casey

Please remember to mark the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak

thanks Deepak Rawat for such great script. 

I did the same steps also, i can record but i can not find my recorded prompts

Thanks& Regards

Essam

Prompts will get saved under en_US folder on UCCX. BTW, I hope you are pressing 2 to save them as well after recording

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak for the script. I am yet to try this. But bit curios, will this work for 11.X CCX. I have tried recording scripts back in CCX 7.x as the platform was Windows

Regards

Ratheesh Kumar

Without any doubt. This script is for Linux version of UCCX only and will work across all the platforms such as 8, 9, 10, 11

Regards

Deepak

Great..I will check this out.

Regards

Ratheesh Kumar

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for sharing this amazing recording script. Here's what I need to accomplish.

We have 4 different UCCX clusters. I would like to use this recording script in our HQ cluster but be able to upload the recorded prompts into the other 3 clusters. Is this possible? if so, how can I accomplish this task?

Thanks,

MK

Having some issues with the script on version 12.5 - high possibility of user error as I try to implement this on my first UCCX lab... Made the edits mentioned in the comments. Wondering if anyone else is still using the script with UCCX version 12.5 and CUCM v 14. 

john.morkunas
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering how I could modify the script to have the prompts save to a sub directory in "en_US" ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi John,

You can set the directory in the actual script.  I am attaching a screenshot from my script.

Thanks,

Casey

Great, Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. :)