cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.5 Default system prompts playing as well as new recorded prompts.

Hi all,

Wonder if  anyone can help.  I have a uccx script that  allows the user to record new prompts.  I can then reference these prompts in a new UCCX script/application.   The new prompts can be heard and work however the default prompts also play.

So I have a new hold message recorded but once this is played the default audio prompt is heard.  Now as far as I can see doing a debug there is no reference to the default prompts but what I am doing is using Call hold/delay while queued and call unhold .

From what I can gather its within that period that the default prompt plays. 

If anyone has advice it would be gratefully received

thanks

Graeme

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you know that the Call Hold/Call Unhold steps play the music/audio from CallManager (CUCM) Music on Hold Servers, and not from UCCX?

ah ok so that would make sense as there was no sign of it in UCCX. I have configured the CTI route point to use the MOH sample audio sources, where would I find the prompt audio sources to effectively disable them?

thanks

Graeme 

First up, the MOH is on the CTI Ports, not the CTI Route Points. I'm not sure if that was a typo on your part, or a confusion of the topic, but I want to clear that up. You actually change this setting in UCCX under Subsystems > CM Telep > Call Control Groups.

Second, if you want to disable that audio, then just remove the steps from the script. Simply, don't use them. You don't have to. Typically you will either be doing one of three things:

1) Playing 100% of your audio from UCCX with media steps such as: play prompt, get digit string, menu, and this is the method which I like to use, because it removes all of the network traffic of holding calls, tearing down audio, setting up audio, allocating MOH servers, deallocating MOH servers, etc. And if you have 50 calls in queue all doing this, that's a lot of traffic which can be 100% avoided.

2) Now, if you want to save some bandwidth, then you're looking at MOH servers again, but this time with Multicast enabled. So you will play your hold music with the combination of: hold + delay + unhold, and do something called audio ducking in the hold music to interlace in some promo messaging or reassuring messages.

3) Or a hybrid of the two. So you loop just plain music with the: hold + delay + unhold process, but loop that such that the music only plays for like 60 seconds, with a play prompt in the loop to break it up with a promo/assurance type message.

#3 is probably the most common I see, but #2 and #1 are superior in design.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: