Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx 11.6.2 500+ cti port limitation

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

in uccx 11.6.2 with 400 premium seats, incoming call fails on 503+ simultaneously call with below errorCapture.JPG

i just found similar problem with CSCuq84976 bug id in uccx 8.5,
is there any resolution or patch application for this version?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The system has a 400 call capacity since it has a 400 IVR port capacity limit. In fact, if you build more than 400 ports, but do not use all of them (so 400 or less calls), you're still pushing the server over it's stated limit, since ports have to be registered, which takes memory and CPU cycles.

Unfortunately, if you buy more than 200 Agent seat licenses, you will still be limited to 400 ports/calls. Might be better to scale your UCCX by port and not by Agent, in order to take advantage of your entitlement to those extra ports.

Just check table 2 in the SRND for the limits.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6_2/design/guide/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162_chapter_01001.html#reference_536FB2C9D6FDF15462A887D5B3C75C3E

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Check in Cisco TAC

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm confused as to why you would be concerned about a failure at 500+ calls, when the product can only support 400 calls. Could you help me understand your line of thinking?

I thought the rule of 1:2 ratio for agent:port continues up to 400:800 and I couldn't find a formal document describing it's limitations except your answer in below discussion that total ports would not be more than 400 even premium seats exceed 200

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/how-to-change-the-number-of-ivr-ports-in-a-uccx/td-p/2284518

and what is eventually going on, is that 3 stanalone UCCX servers are working in line to handle 1200 calls at the time being. :)

The system has a 400 call capacity since it has a 400 IVR port capacity limit. In fact, if you build more than 400 ports, but do not use all of them (so 400 or less calls), you're still pushing the server over it's stated limit, since ports have to be registered, which takes memory and CPU cycles.

Unfortunately, if you buy more than 200 Agent seat licenses, you will still be limited to 400 ports/calls. Might be better to scale your UCCX by port and not by Agent, in order to take advantage of your entitlement to those extra ports.

Just check table 2 in the SRND for the limits.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6_2/design/guide/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162_chapter_01001.html#reference_536FB2C9D6FDF15462A887D5B3C75C3E

thank you so much for your helpful reply Anthony. 

by the way, I am going to purchase a ucce course, regarding your helpful comments I'd like to ask you which would be better for a capacity of maximum 2K IVR ports, UCCE or Packaged UCCE?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. Typically, if you work on UCCX, you don't work on UCCE, and vice versa. There are the unicorns out there though, like Hall of Famer Chris Deren.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: