cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 AA dial ext not working for hunt list numbers and I'll guess meetme also.

fred.skrotzki
Level 1
Level 1

The scripts were written by a consultant 15 months ago and we missed testing this somehow.  We used to have a day time receptionist that did phones, meet & greet, door control, etc. but with Covid and Work from Home they have been Furloughed and we switched the main line to the evening script 24x7 to handle all calls and we now have found an issue.

When Anybody calls in and get a nice greeting that among other things says "if you know your parties 4 digit extension dial it now:.  We have a few small product call support groups that were pre-UCCX programming that use hunt groups and broadcast ringing that those group managers wanted to keep since UCCX can't do broadcast ringing, so we left them outside of the call center as hunt groups (The hunt group parts all work just fine).

Problem is if you dial in now you hit "if you know your parties 4 digit number" prompt and attempt to dial the number for one of these groups it just drops the call.  What do I need to change?

Main Capture.PNG

Kind of hoping it's something simple like I need to change the "Set Contact Info" but I've not been thru the scripting training (but a programmer with 20+ years experience) so don't have knowledge of all the commands and options and what they do.

Oh here is the route plan for one of those numbers so it's clear what we are doing, if you dial 4697 it drops.

callout Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the scribble covering up the word "Eagleview"? If so, then you can clearly see it on the right of the photo. Not that I think anyone can harm you with that information anyways.

In fact, knowing the partition names and layout is likely the solution to the problem. I assume the calls for direct extension dialing are working, else you would have mentioned that too. So, is the hunt pilot in the same extension partition as the phones which are working? If not, as a quick test, put a working phone DN in the partition of the hunt pilot, and I bet it breaks. Else, put the hunt pilot in the partition of a working phone DN and I bet it works. Know what I mean?

The problem could be elsewhere, but I think this is the most likely candidate.

They are all in the same partition, only different partitions we have are for international offices so that they don't have access to US Dialing trunks.  So yes you could call in and dial any one of those extensions and it works but not the hunt group number.

Arg I hate Gremlins, specially ones you can't own and control. 

It seems it's an issue with specific phone carrier when calling in.  Lucky me my cell carrier is the same as those complaining.  I just tried from a hard line here at home and it works just fine.  If I try on my cell to dial my desk number it drops the call, which worked last week.  Now to get the two carriers involved to chase that down.  Sorry folks.

Oh, that's interesting! Thanks for the follow up. Good luck!

Is your cell phone number by any chance set up as a SNR destination in CUCM? If so when you call from that number CUCM will see that it matches a remote destination number and anchor the call with the office extension. For this call it would also use the calling search space set on either the remote destination profile or the TCT device depending on your setup. It could be that the CSS set on these do not "see" the hunt pilot DN.

If your cell number is setup as a SNR destination to test if this would be at play you can change the number on the remote destination so that it doesn't match your cell number anymore. I usually add something in-front of the + as we have all setup as E.164, for ex 55+46123456789 and also turn off SNR on the RD so that the system doesn't try to make a call to the number that is now wrongly setup. I hope I managed to make that understandable.

Response Signature

Made sense to me, but on a call redirect step from UCCX, is the originators CSS used by default, or the CSS of the CTI port? I cannot recall, though I could test it really quick.

Roger yes it's understandable.  Nope my phone and the others who reported the issue also are not configured for SNR.  Problem was fixed about two hours after I said it was a carrier issue.  I'm still waiting for an official report from our system carrier but just as it started happening it stopped being a problem.

Glad to hear that you managed to get it resolved and that you could understand my rambling.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: