cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 Call Consult Transfer Fails / Call Redirect Works To SAME Internal Extension In Same Script

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

Very difficult situation here. My UCCX script has nothing to do with agents or call queues.  Starting from the ground up I have created a CCG, 5 CTI ports, CSS = Yellow, PARTITION = Blue, REDIRECT CSS (any one of the 3 choices, tried them all). Then I created TRIGGER with CSS = Yellow, PARTITION = Blue, CSS for redirect (again, any one of the 3 choices, tried them all). I have internal CUCM extension #313840, NOT an IPCC phone, just a regular 7942 and its PARTITION = Blue and it's CSS = Yellow. As a matter of fact, anywhere and everywhere you can possibly provision a CSS and PARTITION for this setup, both the CSS and PARTITION are equal, even on the CTI ports and the MRGL's are equal and DEVICE POOLS. Now I have a script that has both the Call Consult and Call Redirect step in it and both steps point to internal extension 313840 above for the two different types of transfers. When the script hits the Call Redirect it rings 313840 just fine. When the script hits the Call Consult it fails with the 'invalid' being the reason. Same internal extension. Looking in the RTMT MIVR logs and RTMT CUCM for the Call Consult transfer I see messages invalid extension and resource unavailable for the 313840. Really? Your able to transfer to the same 313840 using the Call Redirect step, whats the problem? The extension is more than VALID. The reason I need the Call Consult is to be able to have it call a bank's IVR and out-pulse the callers alternate ID and date of birth by DTMF so that the caller can then be connected to the bank to make their payment. Here is the twist. I have this EXACT same script/setup on another UCCX, version 10.6 and it works flawlessly, so I know it works, but even though I made a mirror copy of the script and UCCX settings in the UCCX 11.6, I just cannot get it to work. Of course it doesn't work when calling outbound to telco either in UCCX 11.6 . Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Being at the end of your wits is like being at rock bottom. Then you find a trap door leading to the basement of rock bottom. Ok, so I knew I had all my CCG/Trigger stuff correct, I knew all my CSS/Partitions were correct because I COULD do the regular transfer but not the Consult Transfer from within the same script to the same internal extension. The SAME script that was all originally created and working perfectly on a UCCX 10.6. This script is a very long one and it takes a while to get to the transfer part so I wanted to speed it up so I created a simple new script on the UCCX 11.6 that gets you to the Consult transfer right away. What do you know, when I called it, it transferred! So then I deleted the Consult Transfer step out of my original script and added it back in using the script editor from the UCCX 11.6 and it worked. Strange.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
* and # prefixes have special meaning in UCCX. I would imagine this is your problem, but would need you to test to be sure. Can you temporarily remove the # from the extension you're dialing, or setup a testing scenario where you simply don't dial the #?

I dont have an # in my extension number that both the transfer steps dial. Just a string that holds the extension number 313840. I do have TAC support for this UCCX 11.6 but I dont know if they help with things that dont work in scripts. I would have the MIVR and CUCM logs as firepower for my case though. I should try, eh?

I guess I am confused about this piece you wrote here:

"CUCM extension #313840"

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ok, so now that I know you're not dialing # before the number, I think this might be a CUCM routing issue. Can you pull the CM traces for this call and share them?

Being at the end of your wits is like being at rock bottom. Then you find a trap door leading to the basement of rock bottom. Ok, so I knew I had all my CCG/Trigger stuff correct, I knew all my CSS/Partitions were correct because I COULD do the regular transfer but not the Consult Transfer from within the same script to the same internal extension. The SAME script that was all originally created and working perfectly on a UCCX 10.6. This script is a very long one and it takes a while to get to the transfer part so I wanted to speed it up so I created a simple new script on the UCCX 11.6 that gets you to the Consult transfer right away. What do you know, when I called it, it transferred! So then I deleted the Consult Transfer step out of my original script and added it back in using the script editor from the UCCX 11.6 and it worked. Strange.

Wow! That's very weird. Welp, case closed I guess.

Yes, very strange.. So I was just testing my Spanish version of the same original script and it bombed out at that same Consult Transfer step and I was like, what now?? Then I remembered that I was so into working on the English one that I had forgotten to delete that step in the Spanish one and replace it with the same step from UCCX 11.6. So now I just replaced it and the Spanish one works as well!

Crazy weird. Well, maybe mark your own reply as the solution so others know it's resolved for you. So strange.