Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

Morning All

Wonder if any of your fine folks could help me out with a UCCX 11.6  / Finesse / CUCM 11.5 issue.

We have 100+ agents on a new CCX deployment, 3 of those agents get Finesse error,

CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE

when they first login and try to change from Not Ready to Ready State.

The current work around I have in place is to lift the handset of the agent phone and then instantly the agent can change state until they logout again...

This affects agents if they login to a 7942 / 7962 or IP Communicator ( I don't have any other handsets to test at present)

The wiki below did not resolve issue.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Remote_Agent_is_not_able_to_change_the_sate_from_Not_Ready_to_Ready_while_using_Finesse_Client._It_results_in_error_CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE

any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

44 Replies 44

Hi there

I cant find any bugs related to this. As Cisco does not support two ICD agent extensions being shared (Like extension shared across multiple devices like phones or Device profiles, try to remove the duplicate extension from one device or only associate the device profile of the agent under RMCM user.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I have all agents set up with device profiles so they can either log into a hard phone and or their soft phones. These devices are not associated with the end user (per User Management/End User) in Call Manager. It works 95% of the time, but every once in a while an agent will have this issue. Sometimes clearing their Firefox Cache works, but not in all cases.

Ok, then I bet you are hitting this bug. I can see a bug with this error code as a generic error code for different Finesse Issues. Currently its an Enhancement with no workarounds mentioned. Please check this link.

failureCode:CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE is a generic error code for different Finesse issues
CSCvg97902

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Restart the CTI Manager on both Pub and Sub for the CUCM and that should resolve the issue.

Hi team,

I have same problem. But all agents are using Jabber and an intermittent case, I have already opened several cases in Cisco tac including for the callmanager and never found anything.

Daniel Sobrinho

Just logout and log back in.

Hi Guys.

I also had this exact issue and I managed to resolve it. The user had been given a new phone 8811 and the old phone 7962 had its associated number removed. The application users RMCM/IPPX user still had control over the old 7962 even though it didnt have a numnber associated with it. I removed it from being associated with the application users and then the phone worked as expected.

Cheers

J

Thank you SuperAmp! Your solution worked fantastically!!!

What exactly are you referring to ? 

in CCM under Users > Device Information > Controlled Devices? 

Similar resolution for us. We found this issue with a new agent. It turned out they were assigned a CCX DN of a previous agent who'd left the company a while before. We ended up just assigning the agent a new DN that had never been used, and she was able to go into ready right away. 

I had a similar message when provisioning a smart phone in addition to the staff member's desk phone (remote due to Covid). The solution was to go into CM Admin --> Users --> Application User --> find rmcm user --> In device association, uncheck their SEP IP phone -->  then click, save selected changes.

Have the user log off and back into Finesse and they were able to toggle to Ready state with Jabber set to the Computer phone.

Obviously, the rmcm device association settings will have to be switched back to their IP phone when they come back into the office.

I could kiss you. This solution worked. Thanks!!!

Thanks a lot David, this fixed it for me.

This Helped me tonight after I moved a UCCX agent from Physical CPIC , agent was able to log back in to Finesse but was getting error when tried to get to ready state, Had to just off hook and on-hook the soft phone to be ale to get back to ready state in Finesse, Thanks to davidblair for the post.

This is works with us, amazing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: