Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 Scripting - Route call to Region 2 if all agents are busy in Region 1

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a problem with my script in that when all agents are busy in Region 1 the calls do not route to agents in Region 2. Also if all agents are busy in both Region 1 and 2 callers should route to Region 3. Script was created by a vendor we no longer employ.

Thank you for your assistance.

18 Replies 18

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I looked at your script and the logic essentially is:

Menu, depending on selected options primary queue (CSQ) and secondary queue (CSQ2) are assigned to these variables

Script checks if there are agents logged into CSQ, if so call is presented and queued to CSQ

During queue prompts are played, voicemail menu is presented and at the end of it script checks if there are still agents LOGGED IN to CSQ, only if there are no agents logged in it proceeds to CSQ2 logic, so as long as agents are logged into CSQ then CSQ2 will never be considered. If you need CSQ2 and so forth to be used when all agents in CSQ are BUSY and not just logged out then the script needs to be changed to reflect that, the question is should original CSQ be still part of the queue or does the call only need to be presented to the CSQ2?

Thank you looking at the script. Giving your findings our vendor programmed if incorrectly. I need to have exactly what you explained... if all agents in CSQ are on a call then the next caller should bounce to CSQ2. Would be able to provide the steps to accomplish this?

So, high level:

caller presses 1

Select CSQ_NE queue

Present call to available agent, if no agents are available dequeue from CSQ_NE and queue CSQ_S or would you still want to first send the call to a CSQ_NE queue for some time in case CSQ_NE agent becomes available and then after queue loop send to CSQ_S?  Also, when call is redirected to CSQ_S should agents in CSQ_NE be part of the overlap queue or only CSQ_NE as these decisions change the logic quite a bit.

If call is presented to NE and no agent is available go through loop once then dequeue and send call to S. After which NE is taken out of the picture.

Change this logic:

to:

and repeat for the other branches with the same logic.

Thank you Chris, however I can't view your attachment/pix?

Attached to previous reply, I guess copy/past of pics does not work well.

Thank you. I will try to test and then implement on Monday (holiday, no one should notice:-)

Thanks again

I have made the modifications to the script. Would you be able to verify the changes that were made are correct?

Thank you

That should do it, except under Queue4 you finish the queue logic with "dequeue" step, I'd suggest you add goto step that either points to Voicemail or Closed Region Menu.

Also, just my personal opinion, unless each next CSQ is better staffed to handle the call or the queue times are very short, cascading the calls may result in many calls going to voicemail or the closed menu, but it sounds like that is what you desire.

Thank you Chris.

Not being well versed in the Cisco scripting world, it would be helpful to have another loop within the queues before it goes to the next queue. I apologize if I'm being a pest but what would the additions steps be that I would need.

Create an integer variable i.e. LoopCounter with initial value 0 and then do something like the screen shot attached.

Hi Chris,

I was finally able to modify the script as suggested. So now the script should route the caller to the next region after 1 loop if no agent is available to take the call? I certainly appreciate ALL your assistance.

Glad it works for you,

Please don't forget to rate All useful posts.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: