Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.5(1)SU3 Smart Licensing Issue

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a HA enabled UCCX 12.5(1)SU3 High Availability cluster which was upgraded for 11.6(2).

The system is running ok but I am having problems configuring Smart Licensing. I am trying to use the Direct option which connects to  https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService 

However, when I click the "Test Connection" button I receive a "Failed" notification.

I can ping tools.cisco.com from the UCCX Publisher console and "utils network connectivity tools.cisco.com 443" reports that the service is accessible.

The CUCM and Unity Connection Publisher servers are in the same subnet and registered with CSSM without any problems.

Has anyone seen anything similar or can anyone point me at logs to try to find out why this is failing?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. We were able to resolve. There is an ES that came out to resolve the verify connection issue but that only worked asthetically. 

TAC did root access and sorted a certificate associated with call to home I beleive. 

All good after that. 

View solution in original post

Hi correct. But we still needed TAC to do their root access. It was quickly resolved from there

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Start a packet capture before you test the connection and then check it with wireshark.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi both,

Thank you for responding.

b.winter, we have done a packet capture and can see https encrypted traffic being exchanged with CSSM but cannot see the contents. It does imply that network connectivity is ok.

bill.king1 it is a similar issue in that the "Test Connectivity" button fails but that bug looks like it is specific to having an on-premise license server and, in my case, the UCCX Publisher is talking directly to cloud CSSM. It is frustrating as CUCM and Unity Connection both worked without any problems.

I think I will have to raise a case with Cisco TAC.

Have you tried to register it to CSSM? Maybe just the test isn't working.

With CCX the Register button is disabled until the Transport Settings - Test Connection process completes successfully. 

The way it has been designed seems different to the way CUCM and Unity Connection operate.

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hi James

were you able to resolve this?  If yes would you mind posting the solution. thanks in advance and will credit your post accordingly...thanks once again

Hi, I have not managed to resolve it yet and have not been able to raise a TAC case as the product is not associated with my CCO account. To do that I need a service contract number but there does not seem to be one associated with the subscription in CCW. TAC refused to open a case using the subscription ID even though they could see it was active and Flex Plans include TAC support.

I raised a case with Cisco Customer Services about this and they have not come up with anything useful - I have no idea why they make this so difficult.

If I manage to raise a case I will share details here - I take it you are seeing the same issue?

Thanks. We were able to resolve. There is an ES that came out to resolve the verify connection issue but that only worked asthetically. 

TAC did root access and sorted a certificate associated with call to home I beleive. 

All good after that. 

a.gooding - thanks,

I have just noticed that Cisco released 12.5(1)SU3 ES01 on 02 June which contains a fix for CSCwf38499 Test Connection Fails in Transport Settings for Smart Lic Registration after upgrade to UCCX 12.5SU3 

Is this what you installed and did you still need TAC to do the root access afterwards?

Hi correct. But we still needed TAC to do their root access. It was quickly resolved from there

Thanks - I will install the ES patch and then try to raise a TAC case

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Just to update this thread I installed the ES on both servers in the cluster, rebooted them and the Publisher connectivity test succeeded. After that I was able to register the UCCX Publisher with CSSM successfully. After doing that the system was still showing eval licenses being used despite re-authorizing a few times. I left the system overnight and when I checked in the morning the license usage had resolved and was showing "In Compliance".

I did not have to get TAC to log in and make any updates.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions that people responding to the thread made - most appreciated. I am still a bit shocked that Cisco could release a new SU with such a serious problem.

That's good, leaving it overnight to "brew" is anxiety for sure. Agree also that SU was released. Im not too much into engineering again but in my day that would not have occured.... i think this thread may have more views soon so it was good to clarify...

What is the ES file did you use to solve this issue?

is it "ccp_1251_su3_es_04.zip" or "uccx_1251_su3_es_04.zip"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: