Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.5 Publisher Rebuild

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

Due to a power outage, we need to rebuild our UCCX Publisher. Unfortunately we don't have access to DRS backup as the SFTP server needs to be rebuilt as well. The Sub is healthy and functional. In my career, I have rebuilt the Pub many times and am very familiar with the pain. I was wondering if there's any chance to use the Sub DB to rebuild the Pub. Is it possible to make the Sub become a Pub and rebuild the Sub?

Thanks,

MK

8 Replies 8

As far as I know the answer to all your questions would be no.

Response Signature

Hi, this may not help you, but I saw this document that goes over your type of situation, but from a UCM perspective. Perhaps TAC could give you some feedback on if there's a version of this process as a possibility for UCCX? Couldn't hurt to ask.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116946-technote-product-00.html

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately the above approach is not supported for UCCX. It looks like the only way is to rebuild the Pub and reconfigure everything from scratch.  We have many scripts from 500 to 2000 lines of code. For Some of them we have copy and some have to be rebuilt. 

Can't believe Cisco has no solution for these kind of situations. 

Thanks,

MK

Sorry to say this, but they have DRS. It’s not like you can blame Cisco that you don’t have a working backup, that’s on you really.

Response Signature

Just out of curiosity, have you checked with Cisco that they don't have a process like this for UCCX? Like opened a case and referred to that link and asked if they have something similar with UCCX? I've sometimes found that if you just open a ticket asking a question like this, they might say no, but if you can show how they have what you want for another (very related) product line, they might be able to offer you more. Just my $.02, good luck.

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

The only good news is that we can download the scripts from the Sub and upload it to the Pub once it's rebuilt but all will be manual including the creation of the triggers, CCG and many many other things.

MK

We had a functional 11.6 database when upgraded to 12.5 about 2 months ago. I was thinking switching version to 11.6 then start upgrading to 12.5. I know we will lose all changes since the upgrade but I believe we will be in a safer and better position using this approach. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

MK 

I did some python coding a while back to pull config info from one UCCX system to another. It wasn't terribly hard once I got using to using the etree/lxml libraries. Is it corrupt (like dead/non-functional), or corrupt meaning it gives you the angry message in the admin GUI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: