Helpful
Replies

UCCX 4.5 OS and CC update question

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

Another question please:

The customer has UCCX 4.5 without any updates.OS 2000 also not updated at all since installation.

What will happen if i'll install update to UCCX,let say SR1 or SR2?

Will be all settings and Apps deleted or everything will be fine,and system will work properly after reboot?

Also i'm afraid i'll face with some problems after OS updates for so old working system :-(

What you say?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As long as you are updating to a version of OS listed as compatible, you can be reasonably sure it won't cause any issues.

Check compatibility here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crsmatrxeol.pdf

With regard to UCCX SRs, all components and software should be maintained, however it is possible if your implementation does not follow best practice that you may lose some things - the main example that comes to mind is if your scripts are using XML documents, prompts, or other things that are simply saved to the server disk (in the program files\wfavvid directory) that they are often deleted by upgrades.

Also bear in mind that your SR will require all the desktop client applications (agent/supervisor) to be upgraded (requiring you to do this as an administrator, or users to have admin rights for auto-update).

Personally, I would upgrade the OS regularly so that you are protected against generic Windows security issues. I would upgrade the UCCX to an SR only if I knew that the SR fixed a problem. It's not worth the effort if what you have works fine; the bugs fixed may be to scenarios and componenents that you don't use, or may introduce bugs that you are affected by.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.

The customer using simple scripts without any XML,AD and etc. types of integration.

All the prompts,scripts located only in"program files\wfavvid directory"

So,please,the system need to be updated because of some problems with web interface.

As i see,there is a lot of Java based errors,some services without control,when adding new App,web error appears (Java null)  and another problems.

So,let's say i have no network locations with prompts and scripts.

What % is my success?

Thanks.

Hi

Chances of success are good. I would upgrade the OS first.

I've had a million problems upgrading 4.0 CCXs.. generally they relate to browser timeouts, security warnings etc generated by the BARS-based patch routine. FOllow the instructions closely, including the 'setting up IE for use with BARS'. Watch out for security warnings appearing being hidden by popup windows and so on.

I would also take a manual file copy of the entire wfavvid folder, just in case anything goes missing (e.g. if prompts have been saved to disk rather than saved via the repository etc)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: