Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 (1) Desktop Administrator Locked

vanessawhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When trying to login to Desktop Administrator, it states that you cannot make changes and it is locked by another user.

I have seen in a previous discussion that a workaround is to stop and restart 'Cisco Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service'.

I am having this issue on a live system and am wanting to complete the workaround mentioned.

I have UCX 7.0 (1) and am wanting to DEFINATIVELY know if I restart the isco Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service' it will not have impact on service including Agents?

I have heard that this service effects Agents and CAD? Possibly will log the agents out?

Can someone from CISCO please advise if I can safely stop and start this service in a live environment?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Vanessa

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see you are asking for someone from Cisco to respond, but this is a community forum.  If you need an official Cisco response, you can open a TAC case.  Otherwise, I will do the next best.  I will prove to you, the effect of restarting the service, during production hours.

*Spoiler: not service impacting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXqFRoJ3U1w

Brett Hanson
Level 1
Level 1

We run version 8.0.2 so may be different.

I tried restarting the "Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service" (did it on both Publisher and Subscriber) - several times - but it made no difference and didn't resolve my issue.

It also did NOT impact on service.

In the end I solved it as follows:

http://snafder.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/cisco-desktop-administrator-is-locked.html

(Used the "Force-Release CDA Lock" function in CDA)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: