Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0(1)SR03 Backup Issue

John Luckey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to using UCCX and am currently having issues performing a scheduled or immediate backup.  I am VPN'd into the clients network and have connectivity between the IPCC server and the destination of the folder on another server in which I want the backup to go to.  Firewalls have been disabled and I am able to drag and drop files into the destination folder from the IPCC server where I have it mapped.

I know the Backup page itself says that backups cannot be performed using remote desktop which is what I'm using, but the scheduled backup doesn't work either once it's setup.  It increments to 5%, then to 10% and just hangs indefinitely.  The path for the backup seems to be accepted by the UCCX so I'm not sure where I am going wrong.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,

John Luckey

Genesis Networks

John.Luckey@genesisnet.com

3 Replies 3

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Can you try backing up local to the box ?

This way we will know if its a issue with the network or UCCX itself, Also try VNC to remote login if possible.

Regards

Anuj

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 I am able to drag and drop files into the destination folder from the IPCC server where I have it mapped.

Are you using a mapped drive or a UNC path? Only UNC paths are supported.

• Bad:  G:\ccxbackup
  • Good: \\myserver\ccxbackup

Also if you're using a hostname in the path make sure the CCX server can resolve it.

Hi Jon,

I am using the UNC path only.

# \\BackUp Server IP\CiscoCCX

The connectivity is there as i have checked that. Also the folder is shared and the Service Account which i use has the Read/Write permissions for this folder. Still when after i schedule the backups it is not working. When i check the Status it is showing as Time of initiation:Null, eventhough i have it scheduled to work long before i checked the system. The version of UCCX which i am using is 7.0(1). Also when i try to take backup to the local machine it is working and after that When i check the Status it is showing as Time of initiation:Null. Can you help me with this.

Thanks,

Sreeju

sreeju.kumar@kantaritp.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: