Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0.1sr5 AXL user password change

ytang2008
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone

have anyone tried to change the AXL user password before?  could you tell me the impact and the correct approach?

thank you in advance. 

5 Replies 5

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yuan,

Please refer to the UCCX administration guide for modifying the AXL user in UCCX.

Page 4-5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Regards,

Joe

hi Joe,

thank you for reply.

i have checked the doc, it not quite match my situation i think.   my crs server is running for a long time not new setup, right now i need to change the AXL user password. commonly, i think i should do the following steps:

step 1: change axl user password in CCM

step 2: change axl user password in UCCX

but i afraid that after i change it in CCM, i will not be able to login to UCCX.

Hi Yuan,

Do the steps in the opposite order

step 1: change axl user password in UCCX

step 2: change axl user password in CCM to match step 1.

If you run into an issue. We can very quickly reset the installation through the CET tool. However, you will need to open a TAC request.

Regards,

Joe

hi Joe,

I have test it with CM 5.1.2&UCCX 4.5. the result is following:

option 1:

add a new AXL user in CM, then change AXL user settings in UCCX, it will ask you to restart the CRS server to take effect

option 2:

first change current AXL user password in CM, then change the password in UCCX, then it prompts to authenticate ccm admin user. no restart required.

Joe,  do you have the test environment with CM7.1 & UCCX 7.01? can u help me to do the test?  thank you very much.

xyzjames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yuan Tang,

I am having the same situation. I need to change the pwd for CM. Right now my IPIVR is using ccmadmin as the AXL admin.

Option 1: add a new AXL user.

Result: successful.

Option2: change ccmadmin pwd first.

Result: It fails because IPIVR login will show AXL authentication fail. No chance to change AXL user pwd.

Option3: change IPIVR AXL user pwd first.

Result: it fails that IPIVR will not take the pwd if authentication fail.

My CM is 6.13 and IPIVR is 7.01.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: