Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 authentication issue when LDAP is down

young.liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys ,

We are unable to login UCCX agent when the primary LDAP server was decommissioned.  This should allow UCCX agents to then authenticate against the secondary LDAP server as I have added 2 redundant LDAP server. However, UCCX agents were not able to login to the agent desktop. After that, we replaced primary LDAP with sencondary LDAP in CUCM 7.1.3 authentication configuration. At this point UCCX agents could then immediately authenticate and login to their desktops.  This was changed under CUCM -> System -> LDAP Authentication.

Our environment has 1 PUB plus 1 SUB . UCCX is 7.0 with premium license.

My question is should I configure anything in UCCX to make sure the secondary LDAP is ready to replace the primary when it failover or unavailable ?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Young

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Did you test login to ccmuser using AD credentials when this failure occurred?

If you do, and it fails then there is likely a bug or other issue with CUCM rather than it being a problem with UCCX.

UCCX simply sends the auth request to CUCM, so it's up to CUCM which LDAP server it uses...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Much appreciated about your suggestion, I will test that and update you shortly

Young

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your advice , I managed to authenticate the ccmuser login with redundant LDAP when shut down the primary LDAP server. However,  the UCCX client cannot login when the redundant LDAP agent was being used.

Cheers !

Young