Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 Enterprise Database Integration

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

Hai ,

Can somebody give me a documentation that contains Enterprise Database Integration with MS SQL Server .

I tried to do it but constantly getting errors.

Connection failed :

SQLState:'01000'

ConnectionOpen

Connection failed :

SQLState:'08000'

SQL Server Error :17

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

My network connectivity is OK .But I have not seen any docs that support this

Cisco has this doc http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008047bb4d.shtml based on CRS 3.x and its not working fine with CRS 7.x

Thanks,

Harish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the error message is quite clear. 'SQL Server does not exist or access denied'. This does not have anything to do with network connectivity. By the way, if by saying the network connectivity is OK you mean you can ping the server, it still does not mean anything.

Check

- the username/password combination,

- is it a named instance of the SQL server or the default one (SQL Server Express for some reason creates a named instance 'EXPRESS', the Standard Edition creates the unnamed Default instance),

- is the port blocked? SQL server listens (at least by default) at tcp/1433, but if you have a named instance, it might be something else, too. Check this on the SQL server itself.

G.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the error message is quite clear. 'SQL Server does not exist or access denied'. This does not have anything to do with network connectivity. By the way, if by saying the network connectivity is OK you mean you can ping the server, it still does not mean anything.

Check

- the username/password combination,

- is it a named instance of the SQL server or the default one (SQL Server Express for some reason creates a named instance 'EXPRESS', the Standard Edition creates the unnamed Default instance),

- is the port blocked? SQL server listens (at least by default) at tcp/1433, but if you have a named instance, it might be something else, too. Check this on the SQL server itself.

G.

It was helpful.Actually it was my stupid mistake from my part .I changed the IP on the NIC which was pinging but the SQL server when it was configured used a different IP which was not matching .So due to that ODBC connectivity was not being established .

Thanks,

Harish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: