cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 and CUCM 6 integration security

kevin.r1.dwyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UCCX 7 and CUCM 6 integretion. An LDAP integration with MS AD is also in place. We would like to provide the UCCX application staff with credentials that meet their needs rather than providing a CCM Administrator level of access. In terms of specific role definitions (i.e. 'Standard AXL API Access') as opposed to the built-in groups, what permissions should we assign to each of the following accounts?

1. UCCX Application administrator

2. UCCX JTAPI User

3. UCCX RMJTAPI User

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) App Administrator - needs nothing except a standard end user account. No group memberships or special roles.

2) JTAPI user - leave it as UCCX configures it automatically.

3) RM - leave it as UCCX configures it automatically. I also use this account instead of 'telecaster' for the desktop services.

The only odd one that you haven't mentioned is the user for AXL. I create an app user with a custom group with just AXL API access, and set that in UCCX. It then creates what it needs.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks as well for catching the AXL user. Just to confirm, There should be no need to give the UCCX install and config team CCMAdministrator access to CUCM, correct?

Well - you asked about CRS admin - users with admin access to CRS don't need anything.

However a team responsible for installing and configuring UCCX are likely to need to access CCMAdmin to verify settings, configure end users, softkey templates etc.

If you are doing all that for them, then they should be able to install UCCX using just the AXL-able account you create for that purpose.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

very helpful!

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: