Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 generated prompt, female to male

vedran.srsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using the Create Generated Prompt step in our script, getting the Position in queue and Avg Wait time integers played as a number generated prompt.

The issue that we have is that the generated prompt is played in female voice, while the rest of the prompts that we concatenate the final prompt with are recorded by the customer as male voice.

We tried setting the gender variable in the step properties to 1, according to the step editor guide that should be male but no luck. it does have a note in the guide saying: "If the language associated with the call does not behave differently based on gender, then this parameter is ignored."

What does that mean and any ideas how we can make this work?

Thanks,

Vedran

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need a TTS server integrated with CCX for this. The system prompts on CCX are prerecorded. It doesn't actually generate the audio played, just picks the right WAV file.

Thanks Jonathan.

And I presume there are no male prompts prerecorded in the system?

And using the gender variable in the step would probably be just in case when using TTS?

Not that I recall. You can look first-hand if you wish; they are in C:\Program Files\wfavvid\prompts\system\

That's great, thanks.

One more question, if you dont mind:

If this is meant for TTS only, then why is there a) no reference at all of TTS when using this step and b) separate Create Generated Prompt and Create TTS prompt steps available in the Prompts section?

Jonathan,

sorry about the last question, it was more my frustration about Cisco not answering this in the right way in the documentation.

I do realise you cannot really give me the answers I am looking for

Thanks for your help so far,

Vedran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: