cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 SR5 agent login gives timeout - unable to connect to UCCX server

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

Team - running high availability. The CAD login for UCCX 7 SR5 gives occasionally timeout errors.

Unable to connect to UCCX server. What is the root cause of this?

on CAD client PC based on Cisco recommendation 
C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\config, we changed PhoneDev.cfg.
added ->
[ReqTimeout]
Milliseconds=30000

While this helped it still happens. Is this a bug you have seen?
What could be done for the root cause.
4 Replies 4

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This happens because the CAD client software is timing out due to not receiving a response from the UCCX server in the configured and default
10 seconds. Increasing the timeout alleviates the symptom, but the root cause could be slowness or connectivity problems between CUCM and AD. The default timeout between them is 30 seconds. You can check if you have an DC/GC down or not responsive or point your CUCM to authenticate to a local DC/GC, but definitely need to check on the CUCM / AD side.

CSCta49259    CAD client timeout value not present in PhoneDev.cfg

Symptom:

Per MIVR logs CAD side is timing out and changes to the server-side properties did not resolve the issue.

Conditions:

UCCX 7.0(1) CAD

Workaround:

on CAD client PC
C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\config, there should be a file
called PhoneDev.cfg.

add ->
[ReqTimeout]
Milliseconds=30000

save then restart the CAD client .

HTH

Pablo

Hi

Pablo is right on target, WIth respect to defect the more accurate one (from CUCM) side is

=======

CSCth74824 - Slow LDAP authentication communications manager

Symptom:

LDAP authentication delayed by 10 seconds

Condition:

CUCM Appliance.

Workaround:

None

Defect opened to make following optimizations:

From the platform API logs, can see CertifiateManager.getCertificate() method being locked.

1)This method probably does not need a lock.  Like the enablePort() method, it should probably use a lock duration of 0

2)Also from IMS perspective we can do an optimization.  If LDAPS is not configured, don't initialize trust-store.

**Only 1) code changes have been done 2) code changes were done as per communication from dev team.

=============

Hope this is helpfull

Anuj

Pablo and Anuj - we use the DC directory. There is no AD as far I know. I am at loss given these 2 bugs - what is the resolution if there is any on the CUCM or UCCX - could you clarify? What do we need to do? Thanks.

Hi

If CUCM is not integrated with AD then the cluster itself is taking more than 10 seconds to authenticate the user, I guess the best way will be to open a case with the call manager team and check with them why CUCM takes a lot of time for authentication. As far as my understanding if CUCM is not integrated with AD it should not take very log (atleast not 10 seconds) for the request to be sent to UCCX.

Regards

Anuj