Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 to 8 Prompt recorder issues won't upload

molivere17982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't upload a prompt on version 8.  I thought it was a permissions issue so I made my user an admin and that didn't work. So then I login via crsadmin and it still won't upload.

I get authenticated via the script with no issues, I ran a reactive debug and see the username populate.

Attached if the script maybe Im missing something from the changes from 7 to 8.

Thanks,

Mike

6 Replies 6

rsmith-inx
Level 4
Level 4

UCCX 8 requires the user to be authenticated in order to write documents.  The Prompt Recorder script works after adding a Get Digits step to collect the PIN (set in the End User record in UCM) followed by an Authenticate User step.

Alternatively you could put the user's password in a string variable and authenticate with that, but I don't know why you'd want to.

If you look at my script it authenticates the same way yours does,

I tried yours and it I get the same when it runs the upload functions..just dies and kills the script.

molivere17982,

Did you figure out a fix to your issue, I am encountering the same thing?

Thanks,

Fred

I give a basic example for uploading a prompt in UCCX 8x in the follow thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3317227

Please have a look at my example in the section Prompt Manager Script, and give that simple example a try.  See if it works.  If it doesn't, you may be facing a defect.  If is does, then just work your solution from that point forward.

The problem I found way UCCX 8.x does not like upper case file names. So if you named the file Test.WAV or Test.Wav it would not upload, but test.wav would.

If you use my script with lower case file names you will be fine.

Would you happen to have the prompts that you use in the script that you could post?