UCCX 7 to 8 upgrade questions

davidkcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

Current systems:

UCCX 7.0(1) SR5

HA both servers in the same data center and same VLAN

Desired upgrade systems:

UCCX 8.5.1 (in place upgrade on the existing servers)

Move either node 1 or node 2 to another data center with new IP address

Here are my questions:

1. Should I upgrade both servers to 8.5 and then change the IP address on the server I move? This would require a license reissue I believe.

2. Would it be easier to move (and change the IP addy) on the node 2 server as opposed to the node 1 server?

3. Can the IP address be changed when installing 8.5?

Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about these steps:

1. Remove the HA node from your cluster

2. Run a backup

3. Run PUT

4. Install UCCX 8x on primary node

5. Retore primary node from PUT backup

6. Build secondary node at 8x

7. Add secondary node to cluster as HAoWAN

Anthony,

If the customer decides to move the node 2 server I like your upgrade suggestions. Thanks.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see my answers in-line below..

1. Should I upgrade both servers to 8.5 and then change the IP address on the server I move? This would require a license reissue I believe.

GP : Yes, as HAoWAN is the feature available only from UCCX 8.0 onwards, you would need to upgrade your UCCX to 8.0 to be able to install UCCX HAoWAN. Yes, you can change IP Address during upgrade & ofcourse, change in IP address means change in License MAC, which means license reissue.

An important point here would be to confirm if your existing UCCX 7.0 server model is supported with UCCX 8.0 or not. It's because of the OS change from Windows to Linux. If the server model is NOT supported then anyhow you will do fresh install of UCCX 8.x on new servers & then just restore the UCCX 7.0 data backup to new servers.

2. Would it be easier to move (and change the IP addy) on the node 2 server as opposed to the node 1 server?

GP : Usually the Pub is kept wherever it is & only Sub is moved/reinstalled.

3. Can the IP address be changed when installing 8.5?

GP : Yes.

It is recommended to refer Upgrade guide for clarifying miscellaneous doubts. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ug.pdf

Please rate useful posts.

GP.