Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0(2) reset Unified Serviceability password

Hello,

I'm running UCCX 8.0(2) in HA.   It appears that my username and passwords to get me access to the Unified Serviceability (not UCCX Serviceability) pages are out of synch.   I can get into the primary fine but the secondary gives me "Access Denied"   I do not want to reset the platform or appadmin usernames or passwords.   What is the correct command to do this via CLI?

Thanks,

Glenn

3 Replies 3

shirpati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glenn,

The above screenshot will give you an idea of what users are available and their respective user roles.

In order to reset unified serviceability password you have to reset the application administrator user role.

Below document lists the commands that you need to use, pg 2-4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx85rtmt.pdf

"In case you forget the Application User credentials, use the CLI commands “utils

reset_application_ui_administrator_name” and “utils

reset_application_ui_administrator_password” to reset the credentials. For more information about

these CLI commands, see the “Gathering Configuration Information for Installation” section of the

Installation Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Cisco Unified IP IVR available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html"

Hope this helps.

Shirish.

Hi,

I wanted to verify some services and i couldn't access the "Cisco unified CCX Serviceability" as it was giving wrong credentials. so i used above two commands and gave same name that i used for the "ccx administration"  and to access via "UCCX Editor" now i cannot access ccx administration or UCCX Editor using either the old or new credentials set i also reset to old but still no luck. below is the command sequence.

the account that i used to access the webui of CCX Administration was ccxadmin and i ran below commands 

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name”  i typed ccxadmin for username

“utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password” and set the new password

when i couldn't access  "Cisco unified CCX Serviceability" i again ran above set of commands and this time i entered ccxadmin2 as username and set a password it ran successfull and still i couldnt access either the  "Cisco unified CCX Serviceability" or "ccx adminisration" page.

then i again ran above command and used ccxadmin as username and same password that i used to access the "ccx administration" page .

even then i cannot now access the ccx administration page.

however i can access Disaster recover, OS administration, Unified servicibilty areas. what i cant access is "CCX servicibility" and :CCX Administration"

would above break anyting apart from my access  as i have an an image of the entiry os as backup and i can restore that.

roboliveira
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an extremely old thread but I am running into the same issue.  Running UCCX version 8.5.  I can access Unified Serviceability and make changes etc on the Primary but the Secondary shows "Access Denied".  I attempted the password reset stated in the thread but I get an error that username and password has to be changed on the Primary server.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

~ Rob Oliveira ~
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: