cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Accessing ECC Vars through custom Java

UCCX_Lauren
Level 1
Level 1

In a UCCX script, how can I access the ECC Vars within custom Java?

I  know how to pull them in the UCCX script using the "Get Enterprise Call  Info" step.  I want to grab all of the ECC key value pairs without  knowing how many there are or their names.

I'm new at this so any help would be wonderful thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no way to directly access ECC variables without knowing their names. As far as I can see, there's no easy way to "iterate through" the objects of UCCX, either - they might not be arrays or instances of Iterable.

I know it seems a bit painful not having direct access to the internals of UCCX but the abstraction level of the scripts is sufficient for most of the users.

Take a look at recipe 8: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150#detectentvars

G.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

UCCX_Lauren
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any UCCX object that I can iterate through?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no way to directly access ECC variables without knowing their names. As far as I can see, there's no easy way to "iterate through" the objects of UCCX, either - they might not be arrays or instances of Iterable.

I know it seems a bit painful not having direct access to the internals of UCCX but the abstraction level of the scripts is sufficient for most of the users.

Take a look at recipe 8: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150#detectentvars

G.

Gergely Szabo wrote:

...I am afraid, there is no way to directly access ECC variables...

And there you have it.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you for you answer.  Its not the answer I wanted, but it will save me time from looking for something that doesn't exist, like bigfoot or the underpants gnomes.  I will now focus my time on the workaround.

Again, Thank you for your time,

Lauren Beal

Yes!!!

That worked.

Thank you so much Gergely Szabo. You are a very gifted developer.

-Lauren Beal

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lauren Beal wrote:

I'm new at this so any help would be wonderful thank you.

I can assure you that your being new to this is not relevant in regards to what you are asking for.  I have been doing this a long time, and would bet there is maybe one person on this forum that can answer your question.

Until he answers, I will offer you this:

Instead of trying to access the ECC directly from within the Custom Java, how about storing the data for ECC into a two-dimensional array.  Now, you can write your ECC values by accessing the array indices, as well as pass your array into the a method of your custom class.  It's a workaround for what you really asked for, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know that it's even possible.

E.g.,

String[][] my_ecc_data = new String[] {new String {"first_ecc", "value1"}, new String[] {"second_ecc", "value2"}}

ecc_set.png

ecc.png

ecc_custom.png

Good luck and happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think I broke it (and I am 99 percent sure about it).

Lauren,

could you please confirm this is a UCCE environment, with IP IVR, so it's actually an ICM script triggering a UCCX script and you send some custom ECC vars or maybe PeripheralVariables and you want to get their names and values without knowing their names? Am I correct? This is what you would like, isn't it?

I found a way to convert basic information + peripheral variables 1..10 into a String[].

I also found a way to convert ECC variables (simple ones, no arrays, so far) into a HashMap, which is iterable.

It's been a rough day for me, it's already sleep/party time here in Europe, so I will post the detailed explanation tomorrow.

G.

Hi,

it's explained here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150#detectentvars

Does this answer your question?

G.

Great piece of work Gergely (+5). Would give you much more if possible :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Thanks. Always glad to help.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: