Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Call Recording

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys,

ANy good docs on how to setup Call recording on UCCX 8.0? I know how to do it on earlier versions (windows) but here I am little bit confused, for example:

-where are files stored? some posts here suggest you have only some 1.6 Gig for the records and they are kept for 7 days

-where do I set up the other, "sniffing" NIC ? which had dummy IP address in earlier versions

-on CIsco Desktop Admin (which I downloaded from server ) seems I cannot have another call flow (default is by default, but not such thing as adding new??)

Anyways any suggestion will be appreciated

regards

goran

10 Replies 10

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Goran,

Following are the answers

a) where are files stored? some posts here suggest you have only some 1.6 Gig for the records and they are kept for 7 days

Ans:

- In uccx 8.x the files are stores in the folder "/common/cisco/uccx/rshell/recording" and access to this path requires root credentials 

- Yes by default the recording's are store for 7 days and when it is marked for extended the retention perios increases to 30 days

- Maximum recording allowed is closed to 2.6 Gig , if its High availability each server capacity will be 1.3 Gig

Commands to check the space on the server is

========

show uccx recordings space

show uccx recordings allowed

=======

b) -where do I set up the other, "sniffing" NIC ? which had dummy IP address in earlier versions

Ans: in UCCX 8.x you can have one NIC which can be used to recording (no dummy NIC required)

c) on CIsco Desktop Admin (which I downloaded from server ) seems I cannot have another call flow (default is by default, but not such thing as adding new??)

Ans: Yes you can add new work flows in CDA, select Work flow group > File > new

Hope this helps

Regards

Hey man,

Thanks you've been very helpful indeed. Some of the points you brought out I have already figured out (still doesn't hurt to make sure). Anyhows, A and C are pretty clear, however with B I still have some doubts.

What I have done so far is that I configured the call flow. Now after issuing command  "show uccx recordings space" , I can see that records are being made but are very small because RTP is not recorded properly. So my question is how do I setup the span on the switch?

For 7.X and earlier, I've done it like this:

monitor session 1 source interface (GW interface )
monitor session 1 destination interface (IPCC sniffing port)

If for the destination port I put regular IPCC port, it will break regular IPCC communication. So how to do it? Also, where do I setup SFTP server for these files to be, say, once a day transferred to the server?

Thanks a lot

goran

Hello Goran,

Cisco Unified CCX 8.x does not support using a second NIC for SPAN-Based VoIP monitor.

You'll need to point the SPAN to the primary NIC. For this reason, you'll need to have a switch that allows the destination port of a SPAN configuration to act as a normal network connection. The "ingress" option will allow the port to keep working while also having the SPAN running:

SW(config)#monitor session 1 destination int gi0/1 ?
  ingress        Enable ingress traffic forwarding

HTH

Pablo

Pablo,

Thanx for your answer. I checked it out today and it seems it is working (however , for some reason my source port has to be gateway, If I put source port to be phone port, the files stay small).

following command seemed to do the trick:

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/7  
monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/4 - 5 encapsulation dot1q ingress dot1q vlan 50

Anyway, can you please clarify on how I should send recorded files to SFTP server. I was looking for an option like this in all possible interfaces (well, obviously not all) on UCCX and just don't have any idea anymore.

Thanks for help so far...

regards

Goran

Hello Goran,an

Good to hear the recordings are working.

As anubhati said, the files are stores in the a common partition folder, but you need root credentials to log in.

The options you have is either use the CSD option "play & save" for each recording (one by one). The other one is to using CDA and an SFTP client. Please check page 40, Exporting Recordings From CAD:
www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/troubleshooting/guide/cad80ccxtg-cm.pdf

HTH

Pablo

Hi Pablo, thanks again

However I am stillhaving soem problems. I did everything acording to instructions, but I am getting following error in CMD:

Remote working directory is /recording

New local directory is c:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio

*.raw: nothing matched.

I see files on UCCX being generated..

Any ideas?

Best regards

Goran

my bad, should be *.Raw, not *.raw

When I apply the

monitor session 1 source interface Gig0/22 both

monitor session 1 destination interface Gig0/21 encapsulation dot1q ingress dot1q vlan 200

I get an error saying the destination port doesn't support the configured ingress encapsulation protocol and I loose connection to my UCCX server and then the whole UCS chassis.  I have a 3560 that I'm using for the span session.  Anyone else have this issue?

Current Layout:

3560 with 2 port Etherchannel Trunk to 6120's and one port pinned down to the vNIC of the UCCX server.  No matter what I try with the span session I loose connectivity to UCCX and the Chassis.

jester805
Level 1
Level 1

I know it has been a while since this past was made....but there is still a lot of good information in here.

Does anyone know how to set this up when the UCCX server is virtualized?  I have my CallManager pub and UCCX box running on a Cisco C220 rack-mount server with VMware vSphere 5.0.

Thanks!

I was able to figure it out.  I had to create a new vSwitch in VMware and put the adapter in promiscuous mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: